Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

CT (MOT )

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
Woo hoo! another pass for the next 2 years. A couple of advisories though Hand Brake non existent (never worked)
A wearing bush in steering rack, and slight play in rear Prop UJ
and its a bit rusty underneath like all Eeenglish cars!

He didnt mention my oversized tyres this year, but did mention about there being stricter rules coming out in a couple of years - like checking brake fluid, power steering fluids and other oils? Also regarding lighting.......Although my LED headlamps currently fall within his light boxes range, they probably wont next time - put the old lamps back in he said, just for the CT........

:)

Good news on the pass. All the other bits sorted now?
They checked my oil when I had my ITV (MoT) test this year - he just seemed to make sure that there was oil on the dipstick.
I had a similar problem with my hand brake last year (it hadn't worked for years - every time I adjusted it it worked for about 6 times and then nothing) but I expect that things have changed between a 60 series and a 90, but on mine the adjusters are handed but not marked as so. Swopped them over, adjusted and voila it worked and still does.

Regards

Yes thanks Rodger (well I hope they are!) had an oil change and new oil filter this morning, ready for the big adventure :) Got some new jerry cans attached to the trailer, - will give me another 200 miles range if nothing else!

Interesting that they passed it with the few bits wrong. Handbrake and steering rack bushes would be a fail here without doubt, requiring a retest within 28 days. There aren't officially any advisories on the commercial test or car test. It's fail or pass

He did say they should be sorted for next time (apart from hand brake, thats never worked on the CT!), he also said was a tiny bit of play in bushes and UJ

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back