Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Edit petition on the other place

brilliant! oopps will i get banned on the other site for saying that on here....

Well, I added my name, because I have made some spelling mistakes, which I am ashamed of.

'Graham

WOT still no Simon ?????
Perhaps he's gone into the woods and hung himself :violin:
has he not P.M'd any of you, like he did with me ?
Nick.

Funnily enough, I can go back to my post on there & the edit function is still available to me... I vaguely recall him discussing that the edit feature was available on some sections of the forum & only for a short period after posting on other sections...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Edit : The members map has been reinstated ?????? :shifty:

Members map? Have I missed something?

[quote:TCOK admin]I'll tell you what ... if anybody REALLY is so unhappy that they find the lack of an <edit> button on some of the more important forum sections really makes this community forum an impossible place to be ... let's call it a day - drop me a PM or an email with a request to close your account and I'll sort it out for you ... [/quote]

The toys are well & truly thrown out of the cot this evening...

O dear, and why has it been moved to small talk? So it gets deleted after 90 days and be lost for ever :roll:

I posted a comment in there last night about members freedom to post and that it would be more enjoyable if things were a bit more liberal. I went to check on it this morning and the whole thread has been removed and a locked statement has been put in place. :roll:

Honestly I don't know why you guys bother. You know he won't change, all this is doing is winding yourselves up :roll: UNLESS you are trying to wind him up :twisted:

Had a rational exchange with Simon this morning. I know that it's good sport messing with all of this, but you know we could just actually let him get on with it. His forum, his decision, his rules, our choice. We left. Or some of you did and some were blocked. We have a great forum here, in my view much better than his actually so why can't we just give the more antagonistic stuff a rest?

This forum is truly run by members for members - that's what we wanted and that's what we have. I can't understand Simon's paranoia about some of the issues that get raised, but it's apparent that he sees all of them as more opportunities for the naughty ones on here (you know who you are) to be mischievous. So an edit facility gives you endless possibilities. does it? Really? Placing e-bay adds was the Devil's work if you recall. Well we have all of that stuff and we don't have any problems. Is that because we don't cause problems on our own forum in that respect or simply that those potential problems are all in his head? I have told him that I believe that it's the latter.

I have asked him to close my account. This genuinely surprised him. I asked him who he was expecting to come along and asked to be removed. Surely not the people creating the fuss? That's just naive.

You choice guys. I just think that we could put that energy into our own forum. If you don't want to reply to threads on the other one, then leave and we'll see how long it lasts without your contributions. If people post and don't get an answer then how long with they keep posting? That's the true measure of success as I pointed out to Simon. Not the number of new members, it's the length of time that posts go unanswered.

Is it really worth it?

Oh, did I really ask that :roll: :roll:

Chris

Cossack said:
Yup, he's done it again I have posted http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopi ... 8527#68527 asking why has it been removed let's see what answer, if any, I get.
Well I got my answer, it's been removed, no message, no explanation, nothing, TonyP, yes I was just winding him up :oops: anyway up, I've just asked him to remove me from the membership.

Back