Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine upgrades

Its vay nice :cool: Shame he couldn't get that swage line from the hood/bonnet to flow into the body a wee bit better but I'm being a Boyd Coddington about that really!!! :lol:

Birder said:
Cptsideways said:
Birder said:
Declan: In a 70 that would tear the chassis in two

I would'nt believe that, heres one someone made earlier & there are quite a few out there

http://forum.ih8mud.com/70-series-tech/ ... -swap.html

I dont think theirs have the same power as yours Declan. :D

Colin

Yeah I'm sure the standard 280bhp is plenty, they make heaps of torque low down these 1JZ's & I bet it'd be way more economical than the old diesel lump for cruising about in.

Thinking about it I have a very rare 200bhp 1JZ N/A non turbo engine in my garage! that would be rather nice, its in bits but I'd let it go cheap as chips.

Simon_LJ70 said:
Well it's all booked now, it's going in on the 14th of May for 2 weeks, so my last month of 2l-t! They've ordered a conversion plate so I can keep it manual. Will post as many pictures as I can :)

Any updates?
:whistle:

Hey those 2.4 lumps must be pretty dire when it comes to towing ?, i still feel mine is underpowered (3.0td KZJ78 lwb Auto )it doesn't seem bad on flat motorway at cruising speeds but if theres a long uphill drag i am sometimes really having to floor it to pass lorries etc , but then again she is 16 years old and unmodified , i am thinking of a trip to west coast 4x4 to see what power upgrades can be done , think with having larger 32" wheels on the gear changes/throttle response has altered slightly from original ? , Regards , Mark.
BTW , caravan is a swift Conqueror 630 2006 model with aircon so she weighs in at around 1750kg!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
you think a 3.0 78 is under powered running 32" boots .......

try driving a 2.5 (2446cc) with 285/75/16 (33.3") boots up hill

Ryan Thomson said:
[quote="Simon_LJ70":3h8qz1ci]Well it's all booked now, it's going in on the 14th of May for 2 weeks, so my last month of 2l-t! They've ordered a conversion plate so I can keep it manual. Will post as many pictures as I can :)

Any updates?
:whistle:[/quote:3h8qz1ci]
Just on the train home after dropping it off at west coast 4x4, will be a few weeks but will keep you updated

Hoping to call in there on Tuesday - will advise any progress if I do!!! :cool:

Cheers Gav, let me know how it's going, you having anything done? Saw the donor Lexus today for the first time that I bought on eBay and it's a Shame to take the engine out as it's mint, never mind....

Just popping in to pick up a rear tailgate on my way back from a site meeting in Newcastle...

I'll crack the whip buddy!!! :lol:

Simon

What you doing with the 2lt when it comes out (I dont want it!), just wondered if wc4x4 kept them in a pile out back.

Pete

Hello Pete, will be going on eBay as they have been going for 500 - 600 over the last few months

Really?

£500 for a 2lt, who'd have thought it.

I saw Si's truck when I was up there a couple of weeks ago - Paul was waiting for a plate to be machined to mate the engine to the manual gearbox... It should nearly be there by now if things have gone to plan...

Si?? Any news??

Hey Gav & Ryan,

The part should be here now so expecting to pick up back end of next week, fingers crossed, got the camera ready to take some pics and a video for the site!

I know the wait is getting frustrating, spent the week in the lakes last week and was hoping to have it ready to take :-( oh well we gave the new yeti a bit of a test and it wasn't bad for a road car. Have new roof rack, jack holder and jack, winch, speakers all ready for me to fit, just waiting for the cruiser...

Back