Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

For Sale 24v GS 80series

Karl, In the autotrader add you mention 'The usual second gear issue' - I apologise for being a numpty but what is that if I may ask?

Thanks

Adrian

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The manual 80s have a issue where quite alot of them are hard to get them to go into second on the way down the box. Ive done 2.5k in it though and once you get the hang of them its not that big of a deal.

Karl, thanks for the answer - we are looking into getting an 80 (we have a 90 with a duff hear :() for an exped vehicle so it is useful to know what 'quirks' they have :)

How much did it go for if I may ask Karl - trying to get an idea of what to pay ...........

Let it go for 3100 and another truck as a part ex. i was going to to do the gearbox and get it back forslae as it was quite clean amd a good truck. Id used it a fair bit and had it over a year so i knew it was good to go.Hence selling it to a lad i know. Very supprised no one had it on here as they have missed out on a very good 80 series. no dout i will get it back in my possession in a couple of years time as he has part ex ed a few cruisers with me if i ever have something that he likes.My opinion is the 24 valve is 5k min anything under that and it's good.

Last edited:
Thanks Karl, i did not know about that one. I am going to have a look at an 80 tomorrow. The carpets look a bit sad - any idea how much a set of carpets would be?

Carpets wouldn't be crazy money. The carpets clean up very well with a bit of a Vax.The prob with carpets is the postage.

I'd have to have a look what I have if you buy it. The red one on eBay looks one to go for if I'm honest. It will have been worked though as a catering family has had it but looks ok from the photos.

Was nice mate, but wasn't after a GS as you know. Or I'd have bitten your hand right down to the knuckles.

Chris

Didnt mean you Chris just in general. Glad its gone to someone i know as i now it will do them proud. Would have been nice to have seen a member with it would look after it more than how it will be lol. Least it not another one gone to africa.

I know mate, I know. Just keeping in touch.

Say hi to yer Nan for me. She must be worrying about you. We all do. Don't want you getting cold.

Chris

LOL Txxt!!

Even worse in these temps. The hats close by though so im staying alive :icon-biggrin:

Back