Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Forte Advanced Formula Diesel Treatment

Yes I did
As written above
You spend your money on an Oil catch can delete the EGR cause it bungs up the intake with unburnt oil and assorted other crap then you put in some two stroke OIL designed for petrol engines upper cylinder lubricant into the diesel tank where it goes into the diesel engine to be burnt and the byproducts of the said oil go down the exhaust pipe and some into the Oil catch can this seems pointless to me after the work done on the engine to reduce the oil going back in the engine system
or is it a type of replacement for the sulphur reduction of these modern fuels to lubricate the upper drive train of the engine and keep clean after reading previous posts some believe in off the shelf products some believe in none and some swear by two stroke which does not sound so bad

No it's tongue totally out
Seriously would like to know what two stroke oil does as an additive to a diesel engine after doing EGR delete and catch can install why remove oil from the combustion system if you are going to put oil in the fuel to burn in the combustion system please can a member do the reply in soft wax crayons soes I can read it safely brr rain its hurting so much bad now

Hi Steve. I remember reading somewhere that the two stroke oil does lubricate the pump, etc due to the low sulphur in modern diesel. I recall the Mercedes Paris-Dakar team using it when buying diesel from the locals.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thank you very much Steve H I just wondered so a drop of two stroke helps and a bit of oil in the tank when you fill up the cost is negligible and better to use a quality oil product

Used in the correct ratios a good low ash 2 stroke oil certainly won't do any harm IMO. Not only is 2 stroke oil formulated to burn cleanly it has excellent lube qualities as it has to protect everything in a 2 stroke motor from the pistons to the crank bearings.

Got some nice red stuff in the shed for my collection of chainsaws and on my truck works out to 100mil per 20ltrs

@SteveJB could always put a bit of petrol in. It's just a solvent. Should be ok, I think. Will clean the pipes.

Take pictures. ':)

Yes, getting my coat.

Nah nah nah let me get the ber rain straight on oil now you suggest bloody petrol
You like reading wot I did wrote what sort of bloody muppet are you

Back on topic again [I do love a bit of thread archaeology!]. I always use Hydra Diesel Power Blast in my tank. I can tell it's good stuff because it smells like skunk piss. This is based on the same theory that says any medicine is only effective f it tastes bad.

BTW --For a while, I ran two-stroke in one of my old VW vans, after a similar debate on the VW forums as to its effectiveness as a fuel system cleaner. I actually thought it made the engine run worse and, when I changed my fuel filter it was full of gunk. Though, that could be interpreted either way; the two-stroke clogged it up. Or the two-stroke flushed a load of crap out of the fuel system.

Anyway, I never bothered with it again, just in case.

Is that the same stuff you put in the a/t box ? oops, you told me to keep quiet about that, sorry !

Back