Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

fresh meat middx

Matt999

Country Flag
great_britain
Howdy,

Recently joined the club as I've just put a deposit down on my first landcruiser! Pick it up next weekend, gunna be a long week!

Managed to get a tidy enough 80 Japanese import 4.2td. Needless to say I'm rather pleased with myself!! :)

Is this club fairly active in the south east (ish) area?

Matt

Hi Matt,
It will get even more active when you post pics of your 'tidy enough 80'. I suggest you boost your number of posts (where, what & why) before next weekend, and then we can all see what you bought.
Welcome to the club.

Howdy, Recently joined the club as I've just put a deposit down on my first landcruiser! Pick it up next weekend, gunna be a long week! Managed to get a tidy enough 80 Japanese import 4.2td. Needless to say I'm rather pleased with myself!! :) Is this club fairly active in the south east (ish) area? Matt

Welcome to the forum Matt :thumbup:

Well done getting the 81, looking forward to the photos.... What's the plan?

South East of England, represnting. There are a few of us in the London area and atleast a couple more people posting from Kent & Essex.

Need pics though :)

East Sussex me, right by the sea!

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Matt,
It will get even more active when you post pics of your 'tidy enough 80'. I suggest you boost your number of posts (where, what & why) before next weekend, and then we can all see what you bought.
Welcome to the club.

I can do one better, heres the link to the autotrader advert (plenty of pics): http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201511309093615

I didn't pay the asking though, whats your opinions? I'm new to the world of LCs so honest advice/info/tips would be much appreciated.

My plan is to get it 'overland ready' for a year long career break with the missus in a couple of years time around Africa!

I spent 10 days in a hired LC 100 v8 petrol auto going around Namibia with a couple of mates earlier in the year and I was hooked - WHAT A CAR!! Up until that point I had always concidered myself a landrover man!

Are there regular(ish) meets/greenlaning trips/camping weekends with this group?

Matt

Looks nice, but depends on the price and what you have planned for it...

Shame about the crunch on the n/s front :?

Hi Clive,

Cheers I'm happy with it anyway, i paid £500 below asking for exactly that reason, though it is coming with new bumper trim. The panel work itself is pretty good (despite the pic) though I'm not too concerned about it as this isn't going to be a Chelsea tractor, its going to be used for what it was designed for! :D

Hi Clive, Cheers I'm happy with it anyway, i paid £500 below asking for exactly that reason, though it is coming with new bumper trim. The panel work itself is pretty good (despite the pic) though I'm not too concerned about it as this isn't going to be a Chelsea tractor, its going to be used for what it was designed for! :D

I often think how amazing it is that 20 year-old utility trucks appear in almost new or "mint" condition, even with one or two hundred k miles on the clock!

My old truck was battered at 11 years old and 212k km when I bought it, but it does help to bring the price down a bit :lol:

Hi Matt.

Looks like you have a good truck there. I know its had a good clean and polish for the add but,I'd be happy with it.

look into getting the big end bearings changed for ACL ones if it hasn't 100% been done.

Look forward to seeing the mods as you go.

Looks good. A couple of minor observations, it looks like it's had a replacement power steering reservoir, no belt on the air con could be telling a tale and I'm concerned there is no fuse next to the battery on the red wire on the left battery.

All are easily sorted.

Howdy Matt, can't wait to and hear more about your new ride! Sure you will get good tips and ideas around.

Well, between my deposit being put down on the 80 and me piking it up got a phone call from the guy selling it... seems the autobox has given up (water in the ATF fluid); new autobox required. Scratch that idea! Deposit returned, found an almost identical 80 in much better condition for less mullah, deposit down again. Its being put through its MOT now so its will have a years ticket on it when I pick it up. Fingers crossed this one turns out to be a winner!

Back