Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Gallons per mile

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Brimmed the tank again yesterday so I could work out the consumptions. This has been all pootling about; no long miles at all and all with my Yorkshire pudding tyres on.

Well it could have been so much worse. After all, it could have been 12 miles per gallon, couldn't it? :shock:

Off to change me tyres. Let's see if I can hit 14. :whistle:

Chris

spackrackman said:
Wow that is bad... Surly the v8 petrol ones can knock out more miles than that..
Yes, even mine does better than that.

Impressive :sick: I'll stop moaning about 20mpg.

Lets hope it is just down to tyres and comes back up with your others :pray:

Yes, back on tyres instead of big balls of blutac now. Much quicker off the mark.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:o Could this be a sign that the Walbro improves performance at a price???

No, that wasn't miles done with the Walbro fitted. I do very very few miles in the Cruiser at the moment. Been a difficult time at home and been sleeping on my Mum's sofa for a bit so that I could look after her. So it's been pretty uneconomical mileage. The Insas are really like velcro. The rolling resistance must be epic. Back on ATs now and it actually rolls. Imagine having massive 50p pieces for tyres and you're not far off.

Chris

Thoughts with you and your Mum.

On tyres, bet with the pump and ats it will fell pretty peppy now.

Cheers buddy. Unfortunately Mum died on Weds afternoon. I was there holding her hand throughout. Not something I'd ever want to have to repeat - which would clearly be kinda tricky.

Life has to go on and being active on here and out on the drive helps me a good deal. Looking at ARB links today!

Regards

Chris

Very sorry to hear that Chris. There is no easy way to lose a parent. Hope you're holding up okay.

Thanks Lorin, I'm OK. Getting easier - but then there's funeral looming. I dislike those only marginally more than weddings.

Chris

Hi Chris,

sorry to hear. Deepest condolences to you and your family.

Reinhard

Chris said:
Cheers buddy. Unfortunately Mum died on Weds afternoon. I was there holding her hand throughout. Not something I'd ever want to have to repeat - which would clearly be kinda tricky.
Life has to go on and being active on here and out on the drive helps me a good deal. Looking at ARB links today!
Regards Chris
I'm sorry to hear of your loss Chris, I'm sure your mum will be sorely missed. I remember only to well when my mum died how hard it was, my deepest sympathies mate.

Condolences to you and your family, Chris - my sympathies for your loss. It sounds like you are dealing with it as best you can. Having something else (like maintaining a car) to distract you always helps! Best of luck for the funeral and give your mum the send-off she deserves!

Cheers,
Andrew

I'm sorry to hear of your loss Chris.

If you need a break you are welcome down here once everything is sorted.

Regards

Pete.

So sorry for your loss Chris - condolences to you and the family.

Gary, Angela and les girls ...

Thank you every one. I'm generally OK but it still hits me every so often and I end up crying like a girl.

Tough when you have known someone so closely for nearly 50 years. Your Mum's basically your first friend.

Chris

Back