Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Gear box issues. On another truck

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
Put a different truck on the road on fri. Used it for lanning all weekend with no issues.

I have lent the truck to a mate tonight to move a car.

Gearbox overheat light came on on him so he pulled over and let it cool down. Droped the car off where he needed to and set off home.

It has now lost all drive. Quite a common thing. I know crises truck had same issue when we were laning in december at wales and it was only a split pipe.

Im praying its a similar problem to his as i really am starting to get seriously pixxed of with problem after problem bigtime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

karl

Doesn't sound promising karl, fingers crossed for you :(

I know jon. Sick to the back teeth,Hopefully i will be posting some good news tomoz.

I love auto trucks,but maybe its time to just admit defeet and go back to a manual :thumbdown: :cry:

karl

I do do in other motors i own mate. The cruiser i love the auto style.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorted :D for the time being anywAy.

Took gearbox sump off and cleaned the filter out. I know you should replace them when you take them off but didn't want to waste money on it if the problem was something else.

Karl

Someone may correct me.

If you take the sump off the box. There is then a box shape around 6 inches by five inches by a inch.

It has a fine gause in it that is there to stop any poo going round the box.Or so i think.

These can get clogged up over time with a sort of carbon. I beleive it may be the clutch material out of the torque converter breaking down slowly.

Cleaned it out well with parts wash and blasted it out with air. You should replace with new really but hey fingers crossed it will last for a few miles yet

karl

A cleaned one should be as good as a new one, so unless it still looks manky no need to replace it. Think Gav was trying to be funny :mrgreen:

Did you edit that dude? I'm sure you missed a t out - or should that me Mister T Out??? :lol:

Serves me right for being a smart arse :oops:

:lol: :cool:

Gav Peter said:
Did you edit that dude? I'm sure you missed a t out - or should that me Mister T Out??? :lol:

Serves me right for being a smart arse :oops:

:lol: :cool:

Mr gav,
I thought as per usual i had made yet another spelling mistake :whistle: :think:

But this time it was just you that carnt read :lol: Made me feel better :dance:

JON
It did clean up quite well. Even better then knowing you dont have to use new :thumbup:

Arent you glad you didn't need to sign a petition to make Gav look like a fool :cool:

So Karl, does it now go better? My AFT was black and like sludge when I drained it and flushed out twice. Would mine benefit from cleaning? I find that at junctions when I keep rolling then pull away, the gears seem to have to catch up sometimes, like I don't get immediate drive.

Any wisdom on this one? Not looking for a weekend job, but hey, you know.

C

To be honest mate you can do the job in a couple of hours. And i would say yes it would defo be worth doing.

The strainer gets clogged with that black stuff and it must restrict the oil flow.

The box got hot as well when my mate borrowed it so it must have been blocking the flow and making heat.

I personally would do it mate. Can only help the life of your box

karl

I thinnk theme filers can b kleaned with pertol or parrravin, can wee hive a speel chequer Ande a edet botten pleeze:lol:

Back