Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Got my new 80 series at last

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Arrived today, mint paintwork, blue, manual, ARB winch bumper the lot. And only a couple of quid too!

OK it's a mouse mat.

P1010126.JPG But I can dream

nice Chris, although the suspension might need a bit of work :icon-biggrin:

Ahh, no not really - but if all goes to plan, it may magically turn into a real one by lunchtime tomorrow. Then again it may not - but fingers are crossed.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Better than the FJ Cruiser I saw for sale today in Wednesbury today...

That was a very poor radio control model in TKMaxx...

Better than the FJ Cruiser I saw for sale today in Wednesbury today...

That was a very poor radio control model in TKMaxx...

Aha! That reminds me, I meant to ask you guys if anyone knows where I should go in the UK for a scale model (metal) 80. I'm coming over in May and I have no idea where to try. I don't care what size it is, a regular Corgi type would do, or something slightly bigger maybe, but I'd like it to look real and have some quality about it.

Any ideas?

PS - Must be Blue... (tee hee!)

Last edited:
Ahh, no not really - but if all goes to plan, it may magically turn into a real one by lunchtime tomorrow. Then again it may not - but fingers are crossed.

Chris

Best of luck!!

Didn't know you were after another 80 Chris. You kept that quite! :whistle:

Nice the way you captured all the bent panels :whistle:

I'm kidding. it's great. Was it stuck?

C

Steph got someone she knew where she was working at the time to do it, I don't have any details. Not stuck Chris, just posing :icon-biggrin:

Shouldn't that have come with the car Jay Dubbleyuh??? :lol:

That's pretty cool :clap:

you got just about everything else Gav! It's on my wall, serves as a reminder what could happen to Steph's if she's not paying attention when I say I'm just going out to fiddle with something on her 100 :lol:

It's a skill I wish I had. I can't even draw stick men. And yes, I watched that web tutorial on how to draw stick men.

Have to stick with the mouse mat for now. New 80 didn't happen today.

C

Got to tell you about yesterday. Just to make me feel better.

E-bay advert popped up with no pics. One of those kinda under the radar ads that people miss. So, blue, P reg, 140k miles, good ad with nothing in it that shouldn't be - like heated number plates and selectable 6 wheel drive. Only 100 miles away too. So I rang the bloke. He said, 'Just about to put some pics up". Chatted to him told him what I wanted, he indicated that this was straight and square. So I said, right, get the pics on and if it looks decent, expect me in the morning at 10.30.

Late on, the pics appear, so I ring him straight away. It rings and rings until voicemail come in. I leave a message. I had already mailed him too. Said I liked it and if it checked out below the waist, I'd drive it away. Left him contact details. I found a second email addy for him, so sent him another detailed message.

That night, I Googled the B'Jesus out of him and his business. Now, his site says he's been a faimily business for 60 years and has other stuff. But his address is the middle of an Asda car park. But Google Earth can be a bit behind and in little towns like Burnley, streets get chopped in half by things like this.

Up early, big bag of cash etc etc, flew up there. Took 2 hours and got there bang on opening time. Obviously I couldn't see him there, so I rang him.
"Hi it's Chris, I'm up to see the Cruiser only I can't find you"

"No you aren't" he says. "Not today - you should've rung, like you are now, where are you?"

"in Asda's car park - whadya mean not today?"

"No chance, not today, far too busy, I've all sorts to do, you should have let me know"

"Like when I rang you yesterday, and then left you a message on you voicemail?"

"I haven't checked my messages"

"Well then that's not much help is it, but it's why I sent you two e-mails to make sure"

"Oh, I haven't checked my e-mails"

"So, what can we do then?"

"Nothing"

"Nothing, why not, I've driven 2 hours to see this, I might as well see it at least"

"Not going to happen, anyway, it's just gone in for an MOT"

"Right I'll go and see it there then"

"Nooo, noo. Sorry fella. No, you can't do that"

"Why not?"

"It's not there at the minute - where you are; it's in Rochdale"

"Ok so what next, I have wasted my time"

"Well, it's a lovely day and the countryside is beautiful, there's plenty to go and see"

Me, keeping calm "No I don't think I shall bother, I have another one to go and look at that I think I might buy instead"

"Well I don't mind that, anyway, the Missus isn't too keen on selling it anyway"

End of conversation. I won't swear, but if you take every single expletive that you have ever heard, string them all together and spit nails whilst you scream them into a cupboard, you won't even be close. :angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming:

Obviously today, having read his mails and taken his messages, he's now up to speed, has rung me and apologised profusely, offered me first refusal and an assurance of a good deal obviously. HAS HE F*&%!!!!!!

Chross not Chris

Bloody Hell Chris i do hate it when sellers are like this, i have had it myself so i know how angry you must be.

Buying and selling cars can be a real PITA. Lies, more lies and yes more lies seems to be the acceptable norm these days. Just put my Volvo up for sale and am getting ready to be messed around.

Back