Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Got my new 80 series at last

Think about it Chris , what possible motive could he have from refusing to sell to you ? You have spoken to him - you obviously know your cruisers - and all of a sudden he doesn't want you looking at his truck !

Very high odds this is a ringer if you ask me , a tarted up write off or something similar , he may be doing you a favour !

Shayne wise words mate. But dodgy or not, I really feel I need to find out.

Chris

If you aint met him face to face just drive in and say your looking for a 4x4 .

Ha Ha, drive in WHERE mate. Been there. It's an Asda car park.

I know I know I know. I am not about to part with money for any thing that isn't 100% checked out. Honestly I do not think he's dishonest, he is just criminally stupid.

He has 6 vehicles for sale with a total value of roughly 30 grand , but no address :think:

Don't worry Shayne, I wasn't born yesterday. I think he trades from home actually. If he has the car and it's legal and passes HPI etc then I don't care who he is, as long as the car is good then it's good. But there are many ifs in there. Remember I have spoken to him so I know how stupid he is.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My opinion Chris is like already said. He prob gets the idea that you know your cruisers and he knows you will find something.
Your right though.Have a look if you can manage to actually see it and make your mind up. Some people just get strange feelings about selling as the people looking can be as bent as the seller. As you know I am very picky about who I deal with and who sees my stuff.

Good luck mate hope it turns out to be a gem for you :icon-wink:

Always find it a bit dodgy when people blank out number plates in ads, what have they got to hide??
Your going to see the plate when you view the car, so are they hoping you will come with a big wad of cash, get over excited and drop the lot?

Seriously though I have emailed him myself when it first came up because it looks nice, but I just haven't time at the moment to go look at it so I had to leave it. He seemed forthcoming and genuine enough to me but if its that nice why has he dropped the price and why hasn't anyone bought it yet?

You're right Yogi. First thing that struck me was the plate was blanked. From what he says, it's HIS car. Not one that was for sale like it was stock. OK maybe. But why tell me that it was off the market and then drop the price? Especially as he KNOWs I am a buyer? If you get a buyer you don't let them go do you.

C

It is very cheap. Shame I just can't track down where he is. All the pics are taken in a the same location more or less. It's a golf course. Just can't match up Google Earth with the car park. I suspect it's Rochdale from what he said to me.

Whether I get the truck or not, I just want to get to the bottom of it. I'm on a mission.

Chris

The minibus can be seen behind the caravan
Suspect this is his home address.
Caravan 2.JPG
Caravan 1.JPG
Looking closer, it seems a different minibus, similar green side stripe, as the one on the drive, has an Alpine window, at high level.
He has even blanked out the Street name, in the image also,

I saw that. He's going to great lengths to hide. From the pics it looks like public park and a golf course. I keep circling on Google trying to match up the location. Then we can do a street view. Of course Google blank out registrations but a location would help for a drive past at least.

Chris

OK a man on a mission THAT i do understand . Didn't Chris Green say he was in the general area shortly ? If Chris were to phone him with an interest in the caravan he may well get a meeting . The seller will not tow the caravan far so if you happen to be parked in the same carpark your close to home already . When the seller arrives CG just says sorry mate my bro has just said he will sell me his and he can drive away . Just follow him home in something less conspicuous than your cruiser .

I fully expect you will find yourself at a travellers site . I personally tend to get on well with travellers but this could actually explain the problems your having . Gypsies don't like to many questions even when they can answer every single one with total and sincere honesty .

Once you know where it is return in your cruiser , they will respect it and you automatically on seeing your truck coz it flies in the face of mediocracy , say simply "i heard someones got a landcruiser for sale" then keep your gob shut until you have had a good look around it . If its good make him an offer , if its not you can walk away .

DON'T whatever you do pick faults and explain them for all to hear , to a travellers mind this is disrespectful , like walking into someones home and saying i don't like your carpets and your choice of wallpaper is crap .

Hope this helps .

SherlockHolmesSmiley.gif

A google search gives an address of 21A Moorland Rd, Burnley, Lancashire BB11 2NX.

Looking nearby, I reckon he took pics of the caravan at the corner of Glen View Road & Woodplumpton.

2.jpg

Could 21A Moorland Rd be his home address then :shifty:

Back