Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Got my new 80 series at last

Kev that is genius. Guys you are stars really. grant - thanks for the behind the scenes stuff too. Missus has rung him. She's after something to pull a horse box. Had a good chat with him, we can deff come and see it. Doesn't have a forecourt to keep costs down. Had it for 7 months now - his story has been spot on each time I have to say.
Does lots of cars cash transfer and deliver. Oh really - you mean transfer cash and never appear more like. So, he's happy for Missus' mate to go and have a look at it and have a drive. We might see if we can do this tomorrow in which case I shall be the mate. Or if not, maybe Chris you might be able to go next week. We'll see. We might ring him later today. Very chatty to the Missus. She can distract him.

Chris

Even the BA electrics van is outside!

Last edited:
Simply hats off to you guys, honestly.

You should all join the MET !
Caravan 1.JPG
caravan 4.jpg

Gra.

Attachments

• Caravan 3.jpg
    Caravan 3.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
The minibus can be seen behind the caravan
Suspect this is his home address.
View attachment 6830
View attachment 6831
Looking closer, it seems a different minibus, similar green side stripe, as the one on the drive, has an Alpine window, at high level.
He has even blanked out the Street name, in the image also,

One is a Renault Master (the minibus) and the other is a Fiat/Pug/Citroen van-based motorhome, so not the same vehicle at all there... sorry!

One is a Renault Master (the minibus) and the other is a Fiat/Pug/Citroen van-based motorhome, so not the same vehicle at all there... sorry!
If you read, I do say different.:whistle:
"Looking closer, it seems a different minibus, similar green side stripe, as the one on the drive, has an Alpine window, at high level."

Gra.

Last edited:
The one we were referring to is the BA electricians van. It's visible in street view and in the background of a photo in the caravan advert. :)

But the roof line that Graham posted up is conclusive enough!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
21a is much further down the road. I have found 20 but can't quite identify 21a Moorland Road. No sign of a van or Cruiser so he must have a yard somewhere to keep all these vehicles. All the vehicles that he says he has that is. One of the vans with the green striped livery can be seen, but yes it's not the one on his website. However, interesting because they look liveried. So if there is one for sale and a different but similar one on that drive maybe the two are connected. But as I said, that house and the address are not the same place. Same street but not same house. Why would there be a 21a on a street of standard houses? I think we've found him, but why the ghost address? Unless he was dishonest of course. ha ha.

Chris

Has to be a traveller, but i'm really curious to see how it turns out, this is like an episode of CSI now!

I've been to a couple of places where there has been number followed by A. Sometimes if properties have a big garden people build a building for business use and name.

I lived in a 221A

There was 221 which had a massive plot, and there was already a 223, 225, 227 etc

So the house was given 221A

Gra.

Nothing to do with Land Cruisers. but just to complicate this numbering further, Sherlock Holmes lived at a 'B' there is a museum of him still at that address, lived at 221b Baker Street between 1881-1904.

Using google satelite to get a birds eye view of Glen view rd Burnley i scouted the area as if with a helicopter , if you do the same over Whitford Caravan Centre and the surrounding area you will see acres and acres of open neglected grounds dotted about all over the place any of which would easily swallow up and hide 6 or even 20 vehicles . Needle in a haystack i'm afraid . Follow him home .

Nothing to do with Land Cruisers. but just to complicate this numbering further, Sherlock Holmes lived at a 'B' there is a museum of him still at that address, lived at 221b Baker Street between 1881-1904.

I've lived on A-wing B-wing and C-wing does that count ?

No Grant. Not really on the cards. It's too far to go on spec and I didn't have time the other day. If it had been closer to the M62 maybe, but I would have been late if I'd gone on a magical mystery tour. Rather hoping someone might be in that area shortly. If not, well I dunno. I might have to do something. I just need to know if it's a dud. It looks too good to simply give up on. In the absence of anything at the second that is.

Chris

Back