Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Group Buy - TDS Goldfish winch - NOW CLOSED

Probably thinking the same or similar Chris, like commercial drawers that use bearings and a runner but I've bought bearings with a 17mm internal diameter and started making top hats to go inside them so the bolt head is inside the bearing if you follow me and so only wastes about 15mm per 'slide'. Anyway, there are 40 bearings, 32mm external diameter, 17mm internal, 10mm wide, I'll show them to you when you come over and the 3 hats I'd made so far!

Painting the garage floor is on my list this time around, can't wait to do some work on a car on the flat, under cover again :lol:

Yeah, my idea was simply to have an aluminium box section running down each side the side of the drawer with bearings on the frame top and bottom of the box runner. This is how the AO drawers seem to be made.

Chris

Sorry work on the Audi - ahh that sounds like the top of a slippery slope to me :whistle:

Jon Wildsmith said:
Probably thinking the same or similar Chris, .... I'll show them to you when you come over ....

Chris - does this mean you ARE going there and I don't have to deliver anything to you??

Jon Wildsmith said:
... probably one of my welders still making my mind up which, fancy tube bender...
If Gary changes his mind (on welder/plasma) i'd be interested in having a chat too... :shifty:

Justin_Elliott said:
[quote="Jon Wildsmith":q8ououu6]... probably one of my welders still making my mind up which, fancy tube bender...
If Gary changes his mind (on welder/plasma) i'd be interested in having a chat too... :shifty:[/quote:q8ououu6] AFAIK the tube bender and the plasma are unclaimed, let's just pop over to classifieds with this!

Chris said:
Sorry work on the Audi - ahh that sounds like the top of a slippery slope to me :whistle:
Oh I will be working on it Chris, servicing, changing bush's etc but I won't be building sliders or the kinds of things that all the kit I'm selling off is needed for :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
An Audi with sliders. I'd pay to see that.

I can see your garage door lifting to the music from the A Team

C

just remembered there's a brand new 2 ton engine hoist hiding in the lockup as well!

whoa - remember we need to get the lathe into the trailer Jon.

Hmm, I would like an engine hoist though

C

Gary Stockton said:
And a welder, if one's going
It will be the little one Gary which will suit you better than the big one, we can talk about it on saturday but I'll do you an extra special deal, see below ;)

Gary Stockton said:
And any rock pegs surplus to requireemtns.
Gav has them all. He's also having the fridge slide, sorry, he had first refusal on just about everything seeing how he's buying the truck :)

Thanks Jon, that's all fine - looking forward to help Gav pack on Saturday :lol:

Gav - will the Sankey fit on the back of the A8? You're going to need it :cool:

shame I haven't got a tow bar on the A8 yet or I would have begged a trailer from somewhere :lol:

Better make one quickly before all your toys are gone!!

Oh - wait a minute :lol: you did that already! :cool:

I hadn't been following this thread ... wow, this is a surprise Jon!

So, what are you going to do first, replace the suspension? :)

SpinDrift said:
So, what are you going to do first, replace the suspension? :)
lol the fact they have variable height air suspension was the icing on the spec cake :) More mundane mods I'm afraid, fit the ipod dock, get it remapped, tow bar, enjoy :mrgreen:

Back