Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Have they caught up with him at last?

Thanks for that Chas, that has made my day. Pity they abolished the death penalty for the like of him and his cronies on both sides of the divide.

That murder, if your not familiar, is worth a google, it has to rank as one of the most disgusting, cowardly criminal acts ever perpetrated on the British Isles. Basically she was a young mother of about 8 kids who stopped to give aid to a wounded British soldier and was abducted and murdered. To further add insult the scum that killed her refused to disclose the location of her body to her family.

I left Northern Ireland shortly after the 'Good Friday' agreement, although I still have relations there including my mother. A couple of miles from her farm is a small village of pensioners bungalows and a few council houses. As a result of the release agreement is soon housed two murderers and a third, multiple murderer. It is simply beyond my comprehension how that is a 'good thing'. Oh and in case anybody thinks I am in any way 'sectarian', those scumbag low lives were/are so called 'loyalists'.

There is no distinction, there is no bravery and nothing noble about hiding a bomb or shooting someone in the back in the dark no matter what the 'cause'. It is no more or less cowardly and pathetic than breaking into a pensioners house and tying them to a chair to rob them.

I was never a fan of Maggie Thatcher, but the one thing she did get right was Northern Ireland with her policy of no tolerance or dialogue with these people. Imagine that Gerry's crony Martin McGuinness, a man who can't even string a sentence together and was bus making petrol bombs ad running guns when he should have been doing his 'O'-levels became the Minister for education as a result of Tony Blair's refusal to deal with terrorists the way they should be.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Can't add to your sentiments above yogi.

I lost a good friend in one of the Birmingham pub bombings in the 70's and another friend's girlfriend was decapitated in the same blast. It was only by fluke that I wasn't in the Cabin at the time.

I didn't take sides either, they were both committing atrocities that should never have been allowed to happen.

It's hard to imagine that they're finding evidence now, some 42 years later.... :think:

It was a time of the biggest miscarriages of justice, ever, in the UK, IMO.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Can't add to your sentiments above yogi.

I lost a good friend in one of the Birmingham pub bombings in the 70's and another friend's girlfriend was decapitated in the same blast. It was only by fluke that I wasn't in the Cabin at the time.

I didn't take sides either, they were both committing atrocities that should never have been allowed to happen.

It's hard to imagine that they're finding evidence now, some 42 years later.... :think:

It was a time of the biggest miscarriages of justice, ever, in the UK, IMO.

Maybe they haven't found new evidence, the first thing that came to my mind was that somebody, quite rightly, has 'grassed' him up.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see the American's take on this; they are sometimes portrayed as loving either side... especially as they've experienced some terrorism...

I wonder if we can call Sein Fein a terrorist organisation now?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The Sinn Fein /IRA link has always been clear. Turning yourself into a political leader doesn't absolve you of criminal guilt.... Though most contemporary members are too young to have had any act or part....
As above, both sides of the divide we're responsible for woeful atrocities, though the IRA - whichever branch they called themselves - went far beyond accepted forms of conflict... As if there are any..
Justice may not be served in this case, but it does provide a reminder of who we are dealing with...

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see the American's take on this; they are sometimes portrayed as loving either side... especially as they've experienced some terrorism...

I wonder if we can call Sein Fein a terrorist organisation now?

Amongst others, it was America that financed a lot of the IRA actions. I blamed misconception of the situation at the time. Good intentions have caused no end of trouble, and the trouble will not end IMO.

The IRA ran a mafia style terrorism that runs very deep in the conflict areas. When the "contributions can" goes round the pub, you knew you may be a target simply by not dropping a few quid in the can.

I was under the impression he was always suspected of the the involvement but had no evidence to connect him to tr murder? Or am I wrong?

The conflict gave power and influence to idiots and thugs who without it would have been nothing. It ceased to be political a very long time ago. It became about extortion, drugs, money and power.

After a terrorist attack on the Americans Clinton vowed to stamp out terrorism wherever it existed, yet the hypocritical wanker supported NORAID

As above, this was a despicable and disgusting crime, just one of many commited by these animals and it sickens me when I see these people now being pardoned, fetted and released, it's disgusting and I wish he could swing for what he did. This crime is almost certainly just one of many.

I had to admire the Charles for Meeting the murderers of his beloved uncle, Lord Mountbatten, a giant of a man and a true hero whose murderers could never aspire to share the same earth as him.

As somebody who lost his brother to the IRA I should be happier than most to see Adams and his comrades get locked away in a dark hole. Problem is his arrest and any more that happen will achieve little as the chances of the old terrorists doing real time is slim to none.

What this high profile arrest will achieve is adding support to the small terrorist groups still running about and could lead to things kicking off again.

I allowed my better half to persuade me to return from living in Perth due to the new ‘peace’. Sadly the bitterness and hatred is still here, just hidden underneath the surface and what saddens me the most is the age of the people involved in riots and the like. They would not have even been born when the troubles were here.

I hope I am wrong but if things do start to unravel again we will be straight back on the plane to Perth. No way my 8 year old is growing up in what I lived through.

Good post Knucklehead, that very thought struck me when I was in Derry for the first time in a few years a few weeks back. Walking around the city I couldn't help the feeling of a hostile undercurrent to the whole thing. Even the hotel porter told us not to park on the street overnight or we risked damage to the truck because it had a southern reg. Things could get tetchy very easily if a few scumbags with a twisted agenda hide their thuggery behind a false political ideal.. we know where that goes.

As somebody who lost his brother to the IRA I should be happier than most to see Adams and his comrades get locked away in a dark hole. Problem is his arrest and any more that happen will achieve little as the chances of the old terrorists doing real time is slim to none.

What this high profile arrest will achieve is adding support to the small terrorist groups still running about and could lead to things kicking off again.

I allowed my better half to persuade me to return from living in Perth due to the new ‘peace’. Sadly the bitterness and hatred is still here, just hidden underneath the surface and what saddens me the most is the age of the people involved in riots and the like. They would not have even been born when the troubles were here.

I hope I am wrong but if things do start to unravel again we will be straight back on the plane to Perth. No way my 8 year old is growing up in what I lived through.

I still don't think that is justification just to let things slide though. I would imagine there are still enough older people working in the upper echelons of the civil service and PSNI that would consider his final prosecution the ultimate prize. I too saw a lot of the troubles growing up, but from a distance much of the time as I had the good fortune to come from an affluent upper middle class background. I honestly didn't know the difference between a unionist and a nationalist until I went to secondary school (the joys of preparatory school were few,though this and wearing a cap and shorts :icon-surprised: were a few of them.)

My grandfather was a (very) senior member of the judiciary and I spent a lot of my childhood with him, he was very much of the opinion that these things were solely the preserve of the lowest of the low and revolved around organised crime, bullying and thuggery. Politics, history and the like were often discussed as we rarely watched television, and voting was never an option as in his opinion the only political parties liable for election were based on sectarianism which was totally taboo. Gerry Adams, Sein Fein, Robert Mugabe and Zanu-PF were all considered to be the same thing; low lives, the DUP etc featured in the same list.
Grandfather had many friends in the South of Ireland from before the troubles and his brother was at one time on the board of Bank of Ireland in Dublin. He was unable to visit the South for many years, actually I only went with him once, the year before he died and after he retired in the early nineties was the only time he felt it safe enough to chance. He never made the slightest distinction between catholic/protestant in his life, nor have I, yet he was on the receiving end of many death threats etc.

Young people just use it as an excuse, the hatred is drilled into them. Prosecuting Gerry is not going to change that, the only thing that will cure it is zero tolerance for both sides,this pi55 artistry of everyone holding hands and hugging is total nonsense, it hasn't worked anywhere in the world. Prosecuting Gerry, and hope against hope Martin too,and locking up all the scum released under the Good Friday agreement would. If you take the poison out of a wound it will eventually heal, if you leave it there or put more in it can't.

And as for the Americans...........

Fighting is part of the human condition throughout the world and always has been. Although I was not Catholic I went to an RC school. The Irish priests were sadistic but what I remember most is that the Irish kids were always fighting amongst themselves :icon-biggrin:.

Back