Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HD-FT overland build - Brenda the devastator

That's a very nice truck....

Looking good HW. Especially like the way you've done the three light bars in the roof rack apertures. Nice touch.

Yep, those lights do look very smart. :sunglasses:

Nice truck but it's just missing something to set it off. Hmm, now what could that (or they) be I wonder ....

Watch this space.

That's a very nice truck....

Thankyou
Now all that's left is to wire the bloody things in, I'm gonna get an IP rated enclosure and mount the relays into it with waterproof glands so I'll have a dedicated lighting only fuse/distribution box.
The plan is 4 spots in the bumper and maybe a 20 inch lightbar under the hoop of the "A" bar.
Then comes the external lights for camping and some fancy under bonnet lights.
The benefit of it being a slow build is I can consider everything required and not have to add things as an afterthought... Or at least that's the plan.

Yep, those lights do look very smart. :sunglasses:

My welder has worked his magic and i just have to fit these on my next visit to the newly "independent" England. They are exactly what i wanted and they are my favourite modification to date.

The picture shows my template made from wallpaper for the treadplate once i find a place that will cut them if i post them the template.
I've decided to go for steel diamond treadplate as opposed to the 5 bar aluminium.
I still need to decide on a final finish for them, I'm leaning towards getting them coated in black "Line-x"
With a bit of luck i should be able to complete the front bumper hoops and brush bars on my next visit.

Then i can start the long awaited rear wheel carrier bumper build that i've been thinking about for the last 6 months.
IMG_0603.JPG
IMG_0606.JPG
[/ATTACH]
IMG_0609.JPG

Last edited:
There's something very familiar about that driveway, but I just can't quite put my finger on it .....

There's something very familiar about that driveway, but I just can't quite put my finger on it .....

:icon-biggrin: You could walk out your front door and put your finger on it if you wanted.

I got 6 of these lovely gussets welded in against the U bolt mounting plates
gusset.jpg

I am seriously pleased with them, a little work with a stanley knife and ill get the front mudflaps back on after adding a couple of extra brackets to tie the ends to the old side step mounting points.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes, they'll look fantastic.

You'll have to give me a price for a set so I can put some on the next set.

Nice one HW, I recon Chris is only assisting 'cos he doesn't have a Blue one of his own :lol:

Sorry mate, hmm, what? My internet is down. Not getting any messages coming through. It's all blurred. Did I hear you say you were going to leave me your blue one.

Well OK then. Sure I'll take that.

Sorry mate, hmm, what? My internet is down. Not getting any messages coming through. It's all blurred. Did I hear you say you were going to leave me your blue one.

Well OK then. Sure I'll take that.

You'd have to wire in the CTEK's and the split charge :)(told you i was a cheeky bastard) .... It's not all fun and games you know, Oh and maybe drop me off at Manchester airport. Everyone in my family is too terrified of the size of her to drive it. She is essentially parked for 300 days a year and thats not good for any car regardless of how well built.

A nice 80 build that is progressing nicely, it looks like you have some good help. I find working away can help you to be more focused when you do have access to your truck, and provides time to research/plan/purchase goodies for the build. You have the added bonus of firsthand access to another market that supports your truck, very handy.

Enjoy the build.

A nice 80 build that is progressing nicely, it looks like you have some good help. I find working away can help you to be more focused when you do have access to your truck, and provides time to research/plan/purchase goodies for the build. You have the added bonus of firsthand access to another market that supports your truck, very handy.

Enjoy the build.

Thanks Scott.
The Aussie market is fantastic, so many cruiser accessories to be found. The only problem is the logistics of getting stuff back, I've done ok and got a sub tank assembly and a full set of EFS springs over so far.
My next challenge is this awning ive spotted...
Gonna try to persuade the nice girls at the Emirates check in that its a hang glider and get it through as sports equipment. :tearsofjoy:

http://www.au4x4.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=331&product_id=575

Well the steps and tread plate are in the garage waiting to be fitted, in the time being I've fitted (but not wired)
Lights into the front bumper.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg
The spacers tilt the spotlights to face forward almost perfectly. I've gone for twin spots but may change to floods and use them as fog lights on the standard switch. Hooray for tomorrow and the fitting of the new rock slider steps

Finished steps are fitted really pleased with them. Just have to get used to sliding out of the seat and onto the ground. Opted for steel diamond plate instead of Alu, now onto the remainder of the bulbar and brush bars... Going to mount onto the flat plate with stainless Allen bolts to continue the black/silver theme.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Very smart indeed HW. I think I'd soon smash those front lights, but you're a bit more gentle on your truck than I am methinks!

The sliders look great as does the whole truck :thumbup:

Back