Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HD-FT overland build - Brenda the devastator

I put a quote request into them with a drawing of a slightly more complex shape in plain Ally and received no response so I had a pared down version made locally. It's not a roof box just a wind deflector for the time being. Have to see what it looks like…and how much it saves as I was doing only 20 mpg on a run recently. Not good with the roof tent on.

Is there any chance of a better photo of the roof box perchance HW?

I've a local fabbers' address and I'd like to send him a sketch. Just cribbing for some ideas really, other than the jumble of stuff in my head...

Cheers...

Is there any chance of a better photo of the roof box perchance HW?

I've a local fabbers' address and I'd like to send him a sketch. Just cribbing for some ideas really, other than the jumble of stuff in my head...

Cheers...
No worries, I'll jump up and grab some pictures tomorrow.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
like to hear your looonger term verdict on the padding under the bonnet ; as my insulation is coming off and need to renew

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
As requested
Much appreciated HW, if you get the chance that is... :thumbup:
image.jpeg

like to hear your looonger term verdict on the padding under the bonnet ; as my insulation is coming off and need to renew

Today was quite a good road test for the soundproofing. I did a lot of motorway work followed by some twisty national speed limit North Yorkshire twisty stuff.
On the motorway on a couple of occasions I realised I'd left it in 4th which gives an idea of how much cabin noise is reduced, normally I'd notice just by the noise of the motor.
On the twisty stuff I was leaving it in third to stay in the right point in the rev range for cornering and hills.
Really comfortable and the stereo is kept 3 clicks lower on the volume.
As for the underbonnet stuff, I left it running to let the turbo cool and I came back to the car and was 6 car parking spaces away before I heard the engine was running. Still loud and clattery when cold, but definitely noticeable once warmed.
Just tapping the bonnet before and after shows how the big panels resonate so I'm sure it'd help.

I couldn't see it anywhere ... but what sound proofing stuff did you use and where did you get it from?

I couldn't see it anywhere ... but what sound proofing stuff did you use and where did you get it from?

The bitumen type layer was a mixture of silentcoat and some similar stuff from Amazon, I think it's all basically the same stuff so I wouldn't shell out for dynamat. The closed cell foam was Dodo mat 10mm and the final layer of mass loaded vinyl was some more generic stuff from Amazon. It was 2 or 3 MM thick

Thank you very much!

Very informative, they've made a lovely job of that box, I like it!

Thanks again... :thumbup:

I know a guy that had one mate. Don't know if he still has it if you want me to ask the question?
One of the crew may be able to bring it to you if you ask nicely

Thank you very much!

Very informative, they've made a lovely job of that box, I like it!

Thanks again... :thumbup:
Me too, i can see a christmas present request coming on..

heavily subsidised by me of course..

Last edited:
I know a guy that had one mate. Don't know if he still has it if you want me to ask the question?
One of the crew may be able to bring it to you if you ask nicely

Karl, if it's anything like as good, I'm definitely interested. Trouble is, it's very bulky to ask one of the crew to bring.
I know Richard's rack is full of RTT, and so is Chas', Shayne drives a mini and Nick will probably eat it before it gets here. :lol:

It's a big item, that's for sure...

Back