Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HDK CV Joints, coming to a parts dealer near us soon!

Brett

Country Flag
uk
Following on from Chris' post in the wiper mechanism thread, I said i'd post up some info about HDK CV Joints, apparently Milners will be stocking from next week.

I've just bought a set of the HDK CV's from Oz, haven't fitted them yet as I'm still collecting parts to do a full axle rebuild, new genuine spindles, koyo wheel & trunnion bearings, just need to get the genuine seals & uprated knuckle studs & I'm all set.

Getting back to the CV's they appear to be very good quality, they're stamped made in Japan, & HDK is an ISO9001 certified company they are an OEM supplier for Nissan allegedly & Patrol CV's are awesomely strong..

Here's what you get for your money.

108.jpg

109.jpg

112.jpg

111.jpg

110.jpg
[/quote]

Attachments

• 108.jpg
    108.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 350
  • 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 407
Does anyone know how these compare to OEM CVs in terms of durability and life expectancy?

The guy I bought mine from said he had sold 21 (excluding mine) in the last 12 months & had no issues.

I asked about them on LCOOL before I bought & got a couple of replies that they were supposed to be pretty good.

If you read on LCOOL the general consensus is if you are buying CV's, make sure they made in Japan.

With HDK being an ISO registered company, at least they have a quality plan & compliance procedures in place, they won't want to lose their certification so hopefully the CV's will be ok, time will tell though?

An ISO standard does not guarantee product quality and 12 months is no way near long enough to test its reliability when compared with OEM so I'm not convinced yet. But as you said time will tell. Does anyone actually know how makes the Toyota CVs?

Rob said:
An ISO standard does not guarantee product quality
I didn't say it did :? being ISO9001 accredited does however show that the company has a quality management system in place which has got to be better than the CV's being manufactured out of crap materials in anonymous factories in China.

Rob said:
12 months is no way near long enough to test its reliability when compared with OEM so I'm not convinced yet. But as you said time will tell.
But that's just it isn't Rob, you pay your money & make your choice, if you want OEM reliability buy OEM, but it costs, how many guys on here really want to pay £800.00 per CV? :roll: When I bought these, I was looking for a good compromise, lower cost but good quality, the small amount of research I did on these joints prior to purchase satisfied me that they were worth a punt.

Does anyone actually know how makes the Toyota CVs
From what I've read, it could be either Koyo or NTN but I read recently that NTN have stopped making CV Joints & are concentrating on bearings, due to the CV market being flooded with cheap chinese copies & your average Joe only wanting as cheap as possible.

OK so they are reasonable quality copies, yes I agree with you on all the points you made but was under the impression when you mentioned Nissan OEM supplier that these may be Toyota OEMs, hence my queries. I should have phrased them in a better way :oops: . Now that Ian does not sell genuine CVs for £260 we really need to find a decent source of CVs that are as strong as genuine and possibly last as long as the OEM ones and in that order of priority. I definitely will not be paying full UK dealer prices that's for sure. I'm glad I got mine from Ian last year.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hopefully they are ok quality, I've obviously taken a bit of a chance on them but they did tick a few of the right boxes :thumbup:

I don't think HDK are a Toyota supplier, but who knows for sure? As mentioned previously, I read that they supply Nissan, I think the info I found (it's a while ago now, so memory is unreliable) suggested they are used in the Skylines also.

I've got no idea what Milners are going to charge, maybe Chris can find that one out?

I paid around £100 each excluding delivery & duty.

Back