Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from a new Cruiser owner.....AT LAST I HAVE ONE....Yippee

Re: Hi from a new Cruiser owner.....AT LAST I HAVE ONE....Yi

karl wester said:
just a quick pic i found of my bike. Was going to post a while back when we were talking about them but forgot.
Myr1yam.jpg

karl

Wow.....lovely bike Karl, really like the paint job. Have to meet up in the summer for a blast. Know what you mean about keeping ya licence...had a few lucky escapes since owning mine. Speed limits and bikes is just a laugh no matter how careful you try to ride.
I used to be off road in my Discovery nearly every weekend till I had my bike about three years ago, Liked it that much I rode all weather conditions and just gave up with laneing.

Then this year with the weather being so bad I decided to get back into laneing for the winter, But when I came to MOT the Disco after it being stood on the drive for about eighteen months......she had just rotted away.....boot floor and sills, Yet for the ten years or so of ownership prior to this she went through every MOT no problem, I did chop all the wheel arches out and left the sills and wings open to all the muck tho, and having not jet washed her before parking her up led, I should say, to her demise, she standing out there now like a little garden ornament with grass and mushrooms growing out of her in all sorts of places.

She took some hammer over the years, with Jon, Ray and Paul H to blame :whistle: Could have repaired her for about £700.00, But decided to get my Cruiser to stop the afore mentioned people keep nagging me....think it because they didn't like a Landrover being able to do what only Cruisers are supposed to be able to do off road!!!!!! la lalala la :lol: Just hope my Cruiser gives me as much fun with as little hassle and expense as my Disco did :pray: Feel iv'e let her down scrapping her like this after she looked after me so well :oops: :cry: THAT IS... till I sit in me Cruiser again :dance:

TonyS said:
Hi Keith,
Welcome aboard. How has it taken you 30 years to realise how..., to change to the cruiser side. The more I am around landies the more I dont get them,and recently I have sat in a few, just to give them a chance,but even stationary they are awful. I could go on,and on.....
Hope to see you soon,
Cheeers.

Hi Tony, Just replying to Karl's message and soon as I post the reply I see your message. Think the answer to your question is in the reply to Karl's :lol: Don't think you will like it tho :mrgreen:
Thanks for the welcome mate....can I call you that after you read it :think: :oops:

Ecky Thump said:
Can I have a go Karl :?:

WithWheelTape2-1.jpg

Nice bike Les, mate of mine bought a new Blade last year in the Repsol colours.....soooooo nice. But me being an old fart I'll stick to me old brute of an ACE...more befitting for a gentleman like myself :evil: :twisted: :twisted: Should be surprised by the amount of bikers on this forum......Yea as if.....BIG BOYS TOYS :clap: :dance: :mrgreen:

I missed some of the posts, too many to read!! I can appreciate that the disco was an ok landie, it was fairly comfy, and definitely an improvement on the defender (which I cant understand. Think it was designed as a bet to see who could come up with the worst design for an offroader), and maybe more reliable as well. (albeit the only truck to break down on me in Oz was a disco II).
End of....

Enjoy the cruiser, and come along to some get togethers. Call me anytime.
See you soon. :thumbup:

While we are on the subject of secondary modes of transport I thought I'd get in on the act with mine, I've had 8 bikes,

the first was a Bown, a 150cc Villiers engined, telescopic forks with a solid rear frame,
second was a Tandon, a traily type of bike like a Greeves, another Villiers engine 197cc,
third was a BSA Bantam 150cc,
fourth was a Matchless 350cc,
fifth was a Suzuki 250cc,
sixth was a Moto Guzzi California 850cc,
seventh was a Honda VFR 750cc
and the eighth was a Aprillia Pegaso 650cc single,
but my favourite was the Guzzi, not particularly fast but pulled like a train;

1-3.jpg

Another form of transport was a glider, these are of the take off and landing of my first solo flight;

2-1.jpg

and this is me towing it with my first Landcruiser.

3.jpg

at one time I used to be a 'Mod' with two scooters, a Lambretta Li 150cc and a Lambretta GT 200cc.

Now that glider loooks interesting.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another toy brought today. A early tl100 streetfighter bored out to 1340. I will ad pic tomoz.
Only went to have a head skimmed for 30quid and come away with another bike as well :whistle:
When will i grow up :think:

NEVER :thumbup:

1340 :o :o

Bloody hell Cossack, that list of bikes takes me back a few years...the good old days hey,lol
Have a passion for the old bikes....much like the old cars....full of character....not like the Euro sheep boxes of today. Glider as well...bloody hell you must have nine lives with a history of vehicles like that, good on ya sport.

Must dig a photo out of my first bike....all of three years ago....Honda Rebel, afraid it put me off Cruiser's....was only a 125cc tho lol

Come on Karl...photo's old chap of ya new bike, sounds a beast :twisted:

Here we go keith.

Forgot to put the pic up. Only got the one pic at the min. It did have nitros on it as well but the previous owner was having probs with the running of it so he took it off. Im glad really as more to go wrong.
IMG_0069.jpg

karl

Wow she a beaut... great col...stand out from the crowd on that mate.
Fookin nitro!!! :twisted: ......thats a death wish for sure...Jeez...it go like a rocket as is without that shit......ME WANNA GO on it...PLEASE :evil:
That col suit me with my silver hair...reckon I look good on that all col coordinated :think: ha ha ha

A 1340 TLS on nitro - now THAT is a man's toy! Did you buy it from the previous owner's family?

fridayman said:
Did you buy it from the previous owner's family?
LMFAO!!!

Keith
You can have a go if you fancy it when your back on ya feet :thumbup:

Fridayman
Very slow on the uptake. Previous owner i knew before i brought from his family :lol: They are suppose to be a handful. Had a go on it and love it.

karl

fridayman said:
A 1340 TLS on nitro - now THAT is a man's toy! Did you buy it from the previous owner's family?

So subtle.....ROFPMSL

Keith
karl wester said:
Keith
You can have a go if you fancy it when your back on ya feet :thumbup:

Fridayman
Very slow on the uptake. Previous owner i knew before i brought from his family :lol: They are suppose to be a handful. Had a go on it and love it.

karl

Karl, Is the Pope Chatholic. :thumbup: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Keith

Back