Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Highland Cruisers

Lived there for 25yrs - grantown-on-spey and Ardersier
Now based in grampian for last 12yrs

Not the highlands but I'm over here near Peterhead :thumbup:

Might have been drunk when I started this thread.......I certainly dont recall starting it :oops:

Perhaps we should organise a gathering Noth of the border and see how many of our brethren we can get t'uo North!?

We started organising that a while back but it ran into a slight problem ...

I'd be keen though if we can find somewhere to go? Applecross perhaps??

Yeah Applecross would be cool.
Did the duathlon there a couple of years ago, stunning spot.
Had the best meal I've ever had, the Walled Garden, highly recommend it !

Cairngorms could offer some entertainment perhaps.

Time as ever, would be the biggest issue for me.
Been running a craft shop for the past few years and will be closing in a weeks time ( :dance: ).
Got a job interview next week that could help free up some time......and eliminate a host of part time positions (the usual Highland mutijob thing ).

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I was at applecross last weekend and I always enjoy driving over that way. Shame I never did it in my LC :(

Off to Jura the morn in the Surf....Aah well I can kid myself its a shrunken LC :lol:

Ecoman said:
I was at applecross last weekend and I always enjoy driving over that way. Shame I never did it in my LC :(

Off to Jura the morn in the Surf....Aah well I can kid myself its a shrunken LC :lol:

It's going back a few years but I remember driving up to the radio transmitter that is at the end of a dirt road that starts at the summit of Bealach na Ba. According to Google Earth, this spot is at 2503ft.

Roger

COMON UP TO SCOTLAND this sounds like fun -if i can be of help arranging a venue for a weekend offroading camping barbeque clay pigeon shoot it would be my pleasure :thumbup: :thumbup:

Aha - a volunteer. Go for it Pete - just not too close to Lincomb though :lol:

im thinking spring of 2013 hands up all interested cruisers -me- :thumbup:

Spring??? We haven't had bloody summer yet :-(

I'm in - whatever the weather holds :lol:

Roger Fairclough said:
Ecoman said:

It's going back a few years but I remember driving up to the radio transmitter that is at the end of a dirt road that starts at the summit of Bealach na Ba. According to Google Earth, this spot is at 2503ft.

Roger

Applecross is great, and i camped up by the side of the transmitter track a few years ago, the gate is probably locked these days though...

applecrosscamping11.jpg

The gate was locked when I did it, so I just by-passed it!

Being next to the transmitter disproved three theories:-

a) Midges don't like wind.
b) " " " high altitude.
c) " " " the cold.

Roger

will be keeping an eye on this and if a date is set a few weeks in advance i'd love to travel over for a weekend trip. :thumbup:

i think a scottish get together would be great, keep us all informed if this is going to happen.

cheers roy

I'll keep an eye on this as well - depending on dates I may be interested, if you allow members from south of the border :)

SpinDrift said:
I'll keep an eye on this as well - depending on dates I may be interested, if you allow members from south of the border :)
Yes you will be very welcome ,and any one else who shares our interest i.e. TOYOTA-MUD and the like, i have already contacted two places who can offer us a suitable venue :thumbup: :thumbup: im thinking i will start a proper thread about it in the new year i'll start gathering info now- do me a favour and add a prefered date that would suit you ( i.e. any one interested in going) -this will give me a clue as to what would be good for the majority thanks

Applecross also has a great campsite and it even has a number of wooden wigwams available :thumbup:

Back