Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How many batteries

iconic

Country Flag
uk
To add on to my previous age V miles thread
the 2013 model had, like every Landcruiser I have see, 2 batteries. The 2014 only had one even those these was a platform for the second. Is tis normal?

Yup. My 2016 only came with one battery.
Still has the winter pack but just single battery.

On a cold morning it sounds like the battery is low when starting but has never failed to start.

I have a Petrol 80 and a 2011 HZJ 78 and both have one battery

None of the 150s came out with a dual battery here in Aus. Is it possible its after market ?

To add on to my previous age V miles thread
the 2013 model had, like every Landcruiser I have see, 2 batteries. The 2014 only had one even those these was a platform for the second. Is tis normal?
The ones with air suspension have them factory

Leeloo mine has the air suspension but doesnt come with extra battery. They all come with the tray. I wonder if it's a something done in the models outside of Aus?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mine had 2 factory ones. I think they were both pretty big 100 Ah. In EU only the diesels with the top spec with air suspension had them. Maybe it has something to do with the climate as well . Here on the continental part you can have -20 in the winter easy..

Maybe removing one battery helped bring the vehicle under the threshold for highest VED rate in the UK?

If it were mine i'd be hankering after getting a competent sparky to parallel cable across to the other tray and slip a suitable battery in there too, there's something very reassuring how quickly a twin batteried Cruiser turns over and fires up, plus one battery dies chances are you're still mobile till you can find a replacement.

Maybe removing one battery helped bring the vehicle under the threshold for highest VED rate in the UK?

If it were mine i'd be hankering after getting a competent sparky to parallel cable across to the other tray and slip a suitable battery in there too, there's something very reassuring how quickly a twin batteried Cruiser turns over and fires up, plus one battery dies chances are you're still mobile till you can find a replacement.
If one dies or has a short or something it will drain the other too.

Back