Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Icky oil pick up

I have just been quote 8 hrs labour at £89.50 per hr to remove clean and re fit to oil pick-up by my local MrT they say it is virtually an engine out job,am I miss understanding something somewhere

I wonder if it's the problem I ran into on a Hilux.

After doing mine a mate said he wanted his oil changing and pickup cleaning on his 3.0 Hilux, no problem I said. When I came to do it the sump was totally different to my cruiser, the lower and upper sump were one piece, I couldn't remove the lower piece like I did on mine. I told him the same, almost an engine out job.

I wonder if it's the problem I ran into on a Hilux.

After doing mine a mate said he wanted his oil changing and pickup cleaning on his 3.0 Hilux, no problem I said. When I came to do it the sump was totally different to my cruiser, the lower and upper sump were one piece, I couldn't remove the lower piece like I did on mine. I told him the same, almost an engine out job.
Thats really interesting Alistair.The dealer did say its the same as the Hilux so clearly they do not know their job.Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it.

Back