Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Krown rusproofing - discount available?

I'm used to seeing much heavier wire rope snap without warning on boats , there's a rope core that runs through the centre of the wire that rots out and once it has the wire chaffs internally as it twists on taking weight , there's no visible sign of a problem .

I remember about £2000 worth of new wire going in a skip when a clever young crew man decided to use a blow torch to burn off the depth marks (rope spliced into the wire) many years ago , he probably works at McDonalds now :doh:

These things happen, no-one was hurt, every other review he's had is 100% happy, so I'm still really looking forward to getting mine done in January.

Owen

Manage to get mine in today.

Great service, nice guy and a huge relief that no rust was found at all, so well worth the 6hr trip.

IMG_20180118_111645193.jpg
IMG_20180118_112037517.jpg
IMG_20180118_112059907.jpg
IMG_20180118_112104264.jpg
IMG_20180118_112108595.jpg
IMG_20180118_141401204.jpg
IMG_20180118_141443366.jpg

Good work. Glad you're happy, I was too. Yours looks even better than mine did! Did he comment that it was rare to see one in that state?

He did, in fact he said, its the best he has ever seen. I just thought, I bet he says that to all his clients

G.

Yeah, he said that to me, but yours might be the best he has seen (since mine)! It does genuinely look better.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I was just very lucky. I wasn't ready to purchase when I saw it being advertised, 3yrs ago, but when I saw the age and millage, 36000 and the Num. plate GY I thought I should check it out. Because of my situation at the time, I had to have a family member look at it, as they lived local to the seller. He call me and said BUY IT NOW!!!!!.

Very glad I did. :)

Gary

I was just very lucky. I wasn't ready to purchase when I saw it being advertised, 3yrs ago, but when I saw the age and millage, 36000 and the Num. plate GY I thought I should check it out. Because of my situation at the time, I had to have a family member look at it, as they lived local to the seller. He call me and said BUY IT NOW!!!!!.

Very glad I did. :)

Gary

Good find. And now you've preserved it! :sunglasses:

Do you have a side pic of the car, with the Coopers fitted?

Hi guys

So I arrived at 10am and was greeted by Rob, who quickly offered me a cup of tea and got to work. By the time I'd unwrapped the first of my complementary chocolates he'd already removed both rear light clusters and was undoing the plastic still trim inside the doors.

I want to make this known right from the off - this guy knows his business. I've never watched anyone in the trade give this much attention to detail, from all the prep work right through to the final wash, he knows his stuff and works bloody hard. He takes pride in what he does, and that's hard to find these days.

Rear lights removed, ready for the drilling of two new holes, so he could fit the long sprayer into the quarter panels.

DSC_0050_7.md.jpg

Same with the doors. These holes were crucial for him to get the nozzle everywhere, and he plugged them all up with grommets afterwards.

DSC_0052_6.md.jpg

Here are a selection of before and after shots, you can see him in most pics, finding every single hole, gap and crevice to get the treatment in. As mentioned earlier in the thread, the oil seeps around over time, finding every nook, cranny, crease, gap, hole, seam, panel, component and space in and on everything up to the bottom of the window line. Rob takes his time, is methodical, and removes everything that needs to be removed so he doesn't miss a thing.

As you can see I had a fair bit of surface rust under Sasquatch, but he made sure he tapped, scrubbed, scraped and air blew off every single piece of mud, crust and detritus to ensure it was a clean surface throughout. Fortunately I'm solid throughout my frame and the whole body, bar a small finger on the inside of the nearside rear sill, which my mechanic is sorting with a small patch. Having someone who knows this world and has seen it all assess my truck as solid was a relief. It came in from Japan mint, but Britain's salt policy is a bugger over a few years!

This is the stuff the Canadian military uses on its kit, so there must be some quality to it. As mentioned before it never dries, so doesn't flake off and self heals if scraped deep. Water beads up and rolls off it, it's amazing.

DSC_0063_4.md.jpg

DSC_0003.md.jpg

DSC_0059_5.md.jpg

DSC_0060_3.md.jpg

DSC_0008.md.jpg

DSC_0042.md.jpg

DSC_0037.md.jpg

DSC_0034.md.jpg

DSC_0040.md.jpg

Rob even hand washes the car afterwards, and even gives you rainbows with the pressure washer. Magic.

DSC_0049.md.jpg

DSC_0047.md.jpg

DSC_0053.md.jpg

Seriously though, I cannot CANNOT recommend Rob and this service enough. Time will tell how effective it is as a rust prevention substance, but with all its reviews and growing reputation on this side of the pond I've no doubt it will do a great job. It's eco-friendly too!

Rob is a thorough professional, takes what he does seriously and is the only guy in the country who does this. His reputation precedes him - he's even had customers visit from Netherlands and France for it.

In his own words when I told him he had done a great job: "Thank you, I am a car enthusiast, I would hate to see these beasts die, because they are properly built. I represent this product in the UK, so I have to be the best."

Owen

With all these good reviews, he might get a visit from me next year, if I can arrange things to fit in.

I had my 80 done with them a little while ago and recently I had a small scrape on the side which I never got round to touching up, yesterday I had a look at it and even though it's on the outside I can feel where the Krown 'juice' has crept out to cover it, so I'm sure every inch is protected on the inside.

Last edited:
Now it is warming up a little, has anyone noticed (especially those that had crown done over winter) some more "flow" from the crown? Little pools of it appearing in places?

Now it is warming up a little, has anyone noticed (especially those that had crown done over winter) some more "flow" from the crown? Little pools of it appearing in places?
I haven't noticed it more with the 'slightly' warmer weather, but it certainly does creep.
I bought some grip tape to stick on the edges of my rock sliders but the Krown had crept over them and obviously the tape will not stick, so I took the truck through a car wash and cleaned it all off but it won't remove completely, there is still a 'film' left and the tape will not stick, I shall have to get some degreaser and see if that will do the job.

I had mine done a couple of months ago - so not long ago at all and thought that the pooling had finished. However, have noticed that the hot weather has caused some serious flows recently - to the point I actually thought I had sprung a leak from a my transfer box seal and was quite worried!!

Checked it out this evening and it seems to be pooling and dripping from under the transfer case guard, just behind where the front diff attaches.

Back