Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KZJ90 first used May 12th 1998

The saga continues , though i really should start putting things back together ready for the Romania trip i know it might be a year or 3 before i take it apart to do the bits i didn't bother with . And so while messing with this

inside rails 002.JPG

I decided to order this https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Home-Care-Cleaning/Globatek-Flexible-Radiator-Bristle-Cleaning/B004N6ZIY0 and this http://www.uktools.com/sealey-sg16-underbody-coating-spray-set-air-operated-deluxe-model-p-3229.html

For some inexplicable reason the first one makes me think of Ken Dodd…. I think I'd keep a shrink busy for hours!! :lol:

pwder coat springs 001.JPG

I had intended to have these blasted and powder coated but i went down today and they were still where i left them .
As you can see by the lower spring they weren't in a bad state so i thought i would just chip off the flaking bits and touch them up .
10 minutes chipping of the top spring showed the powdercoat has little or no bond with the steel beneath and so it came away like the shell of a boiled egg revealing the rust beneath (it looks better in pics than it does to the naked eye) so i'm glad the blasting and powdercoating got cancelled .

Mine are 11 years on the truck now, and they're about 50/50 rust/paint.

They work fine, so I'm not too bothered. I might just oil them as time goes on, it acts as a rust retarder, if nothing else, like on the chassis.

Actually I didn't do the chassis last summer, nor this one yet, and it's looking a bit crusty again, especially on the welds. There's still original paint on the main members though, so it's not too bad for a 22-year old.

We will see how No Nonsense zinc galvanizing spray holds up with hammerite stone chip shield to cushion it , and at swambo's insistance :wtf: some red smoothrite to make it pretty :confusion-shrug:

DSCF2671.JPG
DSCF2672.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Oooops! This often happens to the WD40 can in the back of mine when I'm carrying something on top of my tools and other stuff. Suddenly there's a hissing while driving along and after mad panics wondering if the AC has sprung a leak or a tyre is rapidly deflating my nose tells me it's the WD. Cue rapid stop and race round the back. :)

lol, i had a swimming pool alarm go off in the back of the van once...somehow the batteries had re connected and stupid thing reset! scared the wotsits out of me!!!

I had a fire extinguisher go off in the back of the truck under similar circumstances... what a mess... :whistle:

DSCF2679.JPG
DSCF2680.JPG

I will never ever buy Hammershite spray paint again and while i'm no fan of halfrauds paint either thier toolbox red spray paint saved the day .

Very pretty though Shayne!

Looking forward to getting them all muddied up and scratched.... :whistle:

I would be disappointed if you didn't Clive but i have to tell you stone chips seem to take the worst toll so you might have to pedal a bit faster :lol:

I would be disappointed if you didn't Clive but i have to tell you stone chips seem to take the worst toll so you might have to pedal a bit faster :lol:

Trust me Shayne, when you're with me, I'm always peddling as fast as I can...:lol:

Your right foot is heavier than mine even in that wooden chariot of yours and we both know it ;)

Please tell me the fuel sock goes on this one :doh::pray:

DSCF2681.JPG

Gripped spanked and beaten back into place Clive

DSCF2682.JPG

I think Helen could do with some of the same mate , imagine waiting until i had rewired the tow socket , fog light and refitted the bumper before complaining about stuff left on the windowsill at the kitchen sink :icon-rolleyes:

So if you would be kind enough to sort her out i would be much obliged :whistle:

Gripped spanked and beaten back into place Clive

View attachment 131339
I think Helen could do with some of the same mate , imagine waiting until i had rewired the tow socket , fog light and refitted the bumper before complaining about stuff left on the windowsill at the kitchen sink :icon-rolleyes:

So if you would be kind enough to sort her out i would be much obliged :whistle:

No way, she's your boss not mine. I'm having nothing whatsoever to do with it mate! :eusa-naughty:

Back