Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Laning on a beautiful Sunday Morning in Surrey

Marius De Kock

Country Flag
south_africa
Going about 30 miles per hour the next thing I see is the hedge coming through my passenger window. My Cruiser is doing a broad side to disaster. How the Hilux missed me only GOD will know, but he went straight on into the hedge missing opening my Cruiser like an fruit can and that was only just. I’m shaking. Is this the way to start your first off road experience ever? I think not.

So I pleaded Les (Ecky Thump) to take me and my spotless Cruiser laning with the BIG boys. In his defence he did ask me three time or was that four time if I’m feeling ok in my head and want to go and get her (Sundance my Cruiser) scratched and banged to bits.

We get to the start of the lane and I’m shaking like a leaf in the wind (after my meeting with the hedge - unplanned). I’m ready to call it a day before I’ve even taken Sundance (My new Cruiser if you don’t know by now) off road. I had to ask - do I use this low range lever now - (only new guys ask that question). Sundance almost snapped my neck as I pulled away into this new experience up the north down. I have never experienced being in low rage before with all that power at your beck and call. We got to the top of the North Downs (don’t ask me how) with no problem at all. And she (Sundance) is not looking so shine and new anymore. The wife is going to kill (slaughter) me. I did promise her that I would at no stage damage or abuse the new love of our lives.

Needles to say I was the slowest and probably the guy most irritating to the old boy. I want to thank all the guys for gave me fantastic support and advice after every lane. Thanks you guys are the best!!! And I’m still alive.

Some photos. I’m going to apologize upfront for the poor quality as I have never taken photos on lanes before.

Some BIG BOYS. Sundance is hiding (My Cruiser)
_MDK3313%20copy.jpg
:o

_MDK3314%20copy.jpg

_MDK3315%20copy.jpg

Sundance
_MDK3316%20copy.jpg
:D

The Boys. (Thanks Again for a great day) :clap:
_MDK3317%20copy.jpg

_MDK3319%20copy.jpg

Sundance and the boys
_MDK3320%20copy.jpg

The guys love Sundance. Look at them pointing at her. :thumbup:
_MDK3321%20copy.jpg

Cruisers still looking very clean.
_MDK3322%20copy.jpg

O my ***. What have I gone and done to you my very new Cruiser. Sorry Sundance. :shock:
_MDK3323%20copy.jpg

The guy's having break waiting for me to arrive. Sorry I was the slow one in the group.
_MDK3324%20copy.jpg

_MDK3326%20copy.jpg

_MDK3328%20copy.jpg

This Land Rover was fantastic. :thumbup:
_MDK3331%20copy.jpg

Coffee helps with the nerves ant least for me.
_MDK3333%20copy.jpg

Les showing me how it’s done. Lots of power. :dance:
_MDK3339%20copy.jpg

_MDK3340%20copy.jpg

What have I done to my Cruiser.
_MDK3341%20copy.jpg

Tommo's Cruiser is looking happy
_MDK3342%20copy.jpg

What can I say. :shock:
_MDK3343%20copy.jpg

_MDK3345%20copy.jpg

Thanks again for a great day out. Next time the plain?

Marius

{admin: fixed a broken image for you}

Welcome - Nice first write-up.

A typical picture of Les; the scenery around him is blurred :clap:
Marius De Kock said:

Thanks for the pics Marius.

Hope we didn't scare you off. There are more responsible and grown up laners on this site, they're not all like me and Les ;)

Hope to see you on Salisbury Plain soon.

Crispin said:
A typical picture of Les; the scenery around him is blurred :clap:
That must be a slur on my damnably good character :D

Thanks for joining us Marius. Took some bottle in a motor as pretty as that one. At least there was one professional amongst us, even if he was the photographer :clap:

Give us a buzz next time your going Les, and you can show me how it's done :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cossack said:
Give us a buzz next time your going Les, and you can show me how it's done :thumbup:
My bl**dy truck will look like yours soon Chas. Lost a wheel arch, bu**ered a side step and dented my N/S doors so far.

You are more than welcome to join us.

It's character building Les. :lol: I thought mine was bad until I saw pics of Jon W's old 80 :shock:

Ecky Thump said:
...and dented my N/S doors so far

Me too... :thumbdown:

And in a comedy almost Laurel & Hardy moment having just heard the crunch after trying to follow the SWB Defender round a tree stump, i jumped out of my truck waving my arms and signalled to Les "don't go that way".... So with a big grin he promptly went that way and caused identical damage to his truck having comletely misunderstood what i was signalling to him... :doh:

Tommo&Claire said:
[quote="Ecky Thump":fcodtcsd]...and dented my N/S doors so far

And in a comedy almost Laurel & Hardy moment having just heard the crunch after trying to follow the SWB Defender round a tree stump, i jumped out of my truck waving my arms and signalled to Les "don't go that way".... So with a big grin he promptly went that way and caused identical damage to his truck having comletely misunderstood what i was signalling to him... :doh:[/quote:fcodtcsd]

:lol: Can I ask a mod to change Tommo's and Les' forums names to Laurel and Hardy...... :dance:

TonyP said:
Tommo&Claire said:
[quote="Ecky Thump":3rwnmwcc]...and dented my N/S doors so far

And in a comedy almost Laurel & Hardy moment having just heard the crunch after trying to follow the SWB Defender round a tree stump, i jumped out of my truck waving my arms and signalled to Les "don't go that way".... So with a big grin he promptly went that way and caused identical damage to his truck having comletely misunderstood what i was signalling to him... :doh:

:lol: Can I ask a mod to change Tommo's and Les' forums names to Laurel and Hardy...... :dance:[/quote:3rwnmwcc]
PMSL :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to every one for all the nice words and sorry I’ve not responded sooner. I’ve been working on IT at a school in Ascot commuting from Horsham every day.

The great outdoors are calling me and I’m desperate to get to the plains for some fresh air and sun light. I’ll happily take some photos of our next outing and please remember the photos are available if you would like to print them. The ones on the club website are scaled down versions of the actual big files and not fit for large prints.

Hope to meet up soon.

Bliksem :evil: Let's just say I need the sun.

I need the sun. We are going to Cape Town (SA) in Feb and I can't wait. :dance:

London to Cape Town is on the books for the future. I just need to work on SWAMBO a bit longer. Ek kan nie wag nie. :twisted:

Back