Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LED interior lighting

Red Oktober

Garage
Country Flag
uk
swapped the bulbs over to LED's on the interior lights ..

323341_156437591162095_609314898_o.jpg

338397_156437687828752_373687067_o.jpg

241490_156437637828757_967562778_o.jpg

these is what i used ...
271486_154848724654315_569601072_o.jpg

Hi Karl,
They look great.
Easy to fit ?

Gra.

Hi Karl,
They look great.
Easy to fit ? Gra.
Two minute job Graham, I've got these in all my interior lights, just take out old bulb, select the adapter that matches the bulb you took out and plug the LED panel into the adapter. Job done.
woohoo-022.gif

Thanks Chas, I've orderd some (need to go and buy the sun glasses now...:lol:)...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Interesting... might have to get me some of those. On a similar subject, does anyone know of a good drop-in solution to increase the power of my dipped headlights on my 2004 Landcruiser 100. I don't have a bullbar and don't want to add extra lights (e.g. HID) but was wondering if there was an EASY way to get more light out of my existing light housings. Thanks!

I get the science, but can't explain that simply, but just adding bigger bulbs doesn't always work because the wiring isn't thick enough to handle the current needed to get the best out of them. The other down side is that this can also lead to wiring plugs becoming hot and eventually failing. Not all the time, I know, but I have seen it several times. It seems to me that Toyota use extremely thin wiring on their headlights. I bought one of these wiring harness upgrades with plugs in and takes a feed directly from your battery using your existing loom to simply fire new relays. Not only did I notice a difference but the cabling is now thick enough to handle bigger bulbs.
Having said that, I had a 120 LC3 and my headlights were entirely satisfactory.

Chris

Try some HIR bulbs, they put more light out and I noticed the difference when I fitted them to my 100. The other option is some Halfords brand super bright bulbs, can't remember the exact name but they are also very effective but not cheap...

I think Chris has gone the sensible way, by introducing an additional high capacity loom.
Connected directly to the barttery via a fuse, and switched by the original wiring.
Best of both worlds,
You are going to get maximum voltage at your bulbs, the best option if your sticking with pretty well standard bulbs.

Don't want to heat up any bulb holders, or melt any wires, we all know where that could lead to.

Gra.

I did try to see the effect of the loom upgrade by running a thicker wire from the battery into the back of the lamp holder whilst the lights were on. There was a visible jump in the filament when I touched the direct feed onto the terminal. Really very noticeable.

Back on subject, I think that these LED panels are one of the best, cheapest and simplest mods you can do. It's truly amazing inside at night. When camping now, I don't bother taking additional lighting anymore.

Chris

The bulbs I mentioned are all standard wattage just more efficient at turning the power they consume into light in the visible spectrum.

Maybe we should do some comparisons at Lincomb? Mine has standard wiring, standard wattage bulbs and I have an upgrade harness I haven't bothered fitting because it just isn't needed on mine, any more light and I will just be blinding oncoming drivers.

I was just looking at these ...

www .sleeoffroad. com/products/ harness_main.htm (remove spaces)

Seems very reasonable price wise.

How long do Slee normally take to deliver?

Back