Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ70 series 2 a little bit bent but good for bits

Rob Austin

I have an LJ70 2.4 turbo diesel series 2 that met with a tree stump a while back. Whilst the bodywork is nothing to shout about the mechanicals are in good nick, if anyone needs specific parts please contact me

If Ben hasnt already nabbed it and if it has a glass sunroof Ill have it! :)

Thats the main thing i asked for in my PM Dave. ;)

I also want a pair of passenger side fibreglass arches, as ive just managed to acquire a pair for the other side. :thumbup:

Ben if you do get a new sunroof glass and if you can get the old one out without destroying it completely could you bring it to Lincomb as I might be able to use it as a former to make one from Polycarbonate :cool:. Id do it with mine but what with all the rain we've been having its probably not a good idea to leave a bloody great hole in the roof!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
yeah no problem Dave. :thumbup:

Hi Ben,

Sorry I have been a age getting back about chassis bungs etc. But eventually managed to find a day to strip down the vehicle and see what is of use. I have salvaged 5 chassis bungs out of 8 that are normally fitted and I have the 4 rubber bungs that fit the sills -they're approx 45mm in diameter. There is on unscathed glass-fibre wheel arch extension for rear passenger side. The glass roof had suffered a lot of damage during recovery. Engine seems OK turns over easily and has good compression, when I get a chance I will run it up and see how it goes.

If you send me your address I will send the chassis and sill bungs to you.

Cheers Rob

Hi Roger,
I live in central Norfolk - the address is:- Gunton House, Reymerston, Norwich, Norfolk. Nr9 4QY
Phone 01362 850529

Perfect, thanks Rob. :thumbup:

That intact arch would be great, means I only need a front passenger side one now. :violin:

I will send you a PM regarding the logistics of getting the bits to me and money to you. :icon-wink:

Going rate for a decent 2.4 engine is about £500-£600. :icon-biggrin:

Sorry mate spotted it while surffing the landcruiser section and remebered your post

Sorry mate spotted it while surffing the landcruiser section and remebered your post

no need to apologise, I appreciate you remembering and letting me know. :thumbup:

Hi Ben,
Consider me a dumb muppet if you will (poss true) but what is a PM ? My knowledge of the internet could be written on a small postage stamp Bits are ready to dispatch probably best to ring me on 01362 850529 to sort out details.
Cheers
Rob

PM= personal message. :icon-wink:

OK, thanks Rob.

Will give you a call tomorrow afternoon/evening. :thumbup:

Is your truck an automatic?,i am looking for the center consul that surrounds the gear stick,i am also looking for a window wiper mechanism in good condition.

Hi Rob,

Just wondering if youve had chance to post me that 70 series wheel arch, and rubber chassis bungs yet?

Regards Ben :icon-smile:

Hi Ben, I had to deal with a problem outside the Uk so I have been out of circulation for a bit will send parts to you on monday via post. I will let you know when to expect them if you let me have a phone number.

Cheers

Rob

Only just spotted your last post Rob. :oops:

Thats OK, no problem. Thanks :icon-wink:

How badly damaged is your 70?

Im after a windscreen, roof and A pillars.

Happy to remove myself, wouldnt take long with my reciprocating saw. :icon-smile:

Will PM you my number.

Back