Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mark as Read Button

Charlie

Country Flag
indonesia
Is it me, or has the mark as read button disappeared?

It has disappeared. And once I'd read your post, it didn't show up in the recent activity section either. But there's also a thumbs up / down thing appeared that I haven't seen before. When did that happen? Quite like that. But can we have the mark as read back please. I use that every time I visit then click new posts next time. I don't want to have to trawl through each section to find what's new.

I do not know if it is the same functionality as the "Mark as read" button, but at the top I have a menu item : Forum Actions and in that submenu there is an option "Mark forums read".

It is, but the question was not over the availability of the function itself, but the nice easy button on the menu that you could simply click on

The mark as read button under the forum options will work for me, I hadn't realised it was there......

It does Charlie but it doesn't appear in the New Posts page. You have to either go into a thread or go to the forum main page. I click on several times a day, go to new posts since last visit, read down quickly and if there's nothing of interest for me, I click mark all as read and I'm done. This is more clicks. We used to have a new posts button and that changed a while ago to new posts drop down and then select another option. In 2016 it really should be about min number of clicks to get what you want. Probably a simple explanation of where it went.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It does Charlie but it doesn't appear in the New Posts page. You have to either go into a thread or go to the forum main page. I click on several times a day, go to new posts since last visit, read down quickly and if there's nothing of interest for me, I click mark all as read and I'm done. This is more clicks. We used to have a new posts button and that changed a while ago to new posts drop down and then select another option. In 2016 it really should be about min number of clicks to get what you want. Probably a simple explanation of where it went.

Chris you are correct...... it's not on the unread posts page, and that's just where I would like to see it.

Feels like deja vu Chris :)

As you've seen I'm adding some features to the forum like the Thumbs up! (glad you like it - I see people are using it). In my battle for the menu, items on the menu and available space I might have occidentally turfed your Mark As Read button. Fear not - it's coming back :)

The menu is a bit of a shambles now but it'll come right as I get the correct options turned on and working as they should. Hang fire :)

CP

Any plans to roll some of these out for Tapatalk use Crispin?

Any plans to roll some of these out for Tapatalk use Crispin?

I'm pretty limited to what I can do with tapatalk. I install their plugin on my end and the rest is up to them I'm afraid.
I'll take a look around and see if there is anything I can do but think it's pretty restricted.

Cool. I wasn't panicking CP. Honest.

Do the options under forum work for you now? Not yet finished, just cleaning them up ATM)

Only reason I ask is the Sussex 4x4 response one turned on the 'like' button and it came up in Tapatalk. Might be a different forum phpbb or something they use. Doesn't matter to me really.

I'm not against changes, I've just got to get used to not hitting the "Service Manuals" tab (which is now located where the "Unread Posts" tab used to be) when using the iPad, old habits die hard...:lol:

I'm not against changes, I've just got to get used to not hitting the "Service Manuals" tab (which is now located where the "Unread Posts" tab used to be) when using the iPad, old habits die hard...:lol:

I'm having the same trouble Clive, I'm afraid I'm a bit Metathesiophobic, (how many are googling that? :icon-wink:) and the 'My Threads' tab has been hidden away behind 'My posts' :angry-screaming:

Just loaded the new tapatalk and are also fumbling around

LC 76 V8, KTM 990 Adventure R, 1994 Defender TDi HT - Ride it like you stole it!!

I feel more comfortable with the new features.It's easier than before.

I feel more comfortable with the new features.It's easier than before.

Me too. For some reason I could never get the hang of seeing which threads I'd posted on, now I can with a single (or maybe double) click on the iPad...

Like it!

I'm struggling a bit without the View Active Topics button. I've also got two Un Read Posts buttons, one above the other. :|

Back