Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

mid life crisis.

Basically take my father-in-laws 80 of his hands when I turned 40!!

I don’t particularly advise it though, it cost me a fortune... but i look at it as a long-term investment...

:clap: :lol:

I was 41 last year and bought this....
5EDB23D3-EFCD-421B-8CA5-3A1599704899.jpeg
B2B69743-14A3-43AF-BE4C-CEE68774CD90.jpeg
2FB14A16-6F08-4411-853B-D61DCD1484C5.jpeg

3.9 TVR V8

Westfield - poor man’s Caterham! I can admit to a certain sense of vulnerability when driving it - it offers about as much protection as a paper clip

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I guess mine came later in life (I bought the house I wanted when I was 40 - lots of space for the girls to grow up in).

This joined my other two BMW bikes in 2005 - when I was 58 !

DSC_0005.JPG

Its a 2003 BMW K1200 GT - the "Superbrick". A great bike but the wrong shape for me, it used to do my shoulder muscles in on a long ride (700 - 900 miles!).

In 2007 I moved on to a 2004 BMW R1150 GS "Adventure" and never looked back. The "Brick" was sold in 2008 (still miss it occasionally).

Bob.

Westfield - poor man’s Caterham! I can admit to a certain sense of vulnerability when driving it - it offers about as much protection as a paper clip

Yes you are vulnerable, in 1980 I had a Lotus 7 on the road and got T boned on the n/s. The car was well bent but I was unhurt and drove it home ( interesting drive). You sit about 3" off the road surface but don't realise how invisible you are to other road users. I bought another one straight after though.
Westfields were in their infancy in those days but you could tell they were going to be effective weapons even then.

I had two mid life crises, still regret selling both of them!

1st one was a V8 350 cu in, 350 bhp, did about 12 miles to the US gallon, less than 10 if you stomped on it to properly open up that Quadrajet four barrel carb and hear the car absolutely sing. Pure music!

2nd was a V10 6.8 litre petrol, did about 10 miles to the US gallon. Tyres were 37" with a 6" lift. Great camper conversion hidden in the back. Did Alaska to Mexico and back 4 times, 3 months each trip.

Couldn't afford to run either of them now, that was when gas in the US was $1 a gallon!

IMG_5676.PNG IMG_2036.PNG

Last edited:
Bought a Pinzgauer 712M (6x6) and a KTM Duke around turning 40, then decided to do some sky diving - was actually jumping out of a plane the weekend Janet decided it was a good idea to do a pregnancy test - so was informed I was going to be a dad just after I did my first solo sky dive! That was an interesting weekend.

Bought a Pinzgauer 712M (6x6) and a KTM Duke around turning 40, then decided to do some sky diving - was actually jumping out of a plane the weekend Janet decided it was a good idea to do a pregnancy test - so was informed I was going to be a dad just after I did my first solo sky dive! That was an interesting weekend.
Which scared you the most?

So, buying a motorcycle leads the way, closely followed by the old favourite buying a sports car, or, erm, getting a hoss, probably costing more to run than the sports car..

im trying to avoid going bankrupt, trying. Kickin up bank since '76..

Back