Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Milner bushes

FLK 805eries

Country Flag
falkland_islands
how do you guys rate the Milner suspension bushes? Looking to replace the lot. First impressions, affordable. But don't won't to be wasting my time and money if the quality isn't there.

Crap in my view. Everyone knows that I hold a light for Milner and push the good bits that they do, but the split bushes with the inset in the middle are in my view enough to get you through the MOT and that's all. It just doesn't work cutting a bush in half. The two bits move around and 'worry' at each other until they wear.

It needs to be solid on piece press in steel inserts or something one piece like Superpro.

how do you guys rate the Milner suspension bushes? Looking to replace the lot. First impressions, affordable. But don't won't to be wasting my time and money if the quality isn't there.

I'm in no position to argue with Chris about the mechanics. But I've used them on my 90 and 120 and had 60k miles plus out of them. Cars used for heavy towing and round farm work. They're easy to change if they do wear. I like OEM but on the 120 they're not available as just bushes.

I'm halfway through the fitting an ironman set to my 80 they are one piece cotton reel bushes except for the panard rods which are split bushes they seem like good quality and pretty cheap at £110 from west coast but they are a nightmare to fit

I should have said that it's twisting that really wears them. If it's a daily drive for example and doesn't really get articulated much then it's not so bad, but when one wheel is up and the other down, the faces rub together and then it's all over.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm halfway through the fitting an ironman set to my 80 they are one piece cotton reel bushes except for the panard rods which are split bushes they seem like good quality and pretty cheap at £110 from west coast but they are a nightmare to fit

The ironman set - what's included in the kit?

It has the panard rods radius arms and rear upper and lover axle links so everything really apart from anti roll bar bushes it doesn't com with any bolts though

It has the panard rods radius arms and rear upper and lover axle links so everything really apart from anti roll bar bushes it doesn't com with any bolts though

sounds good. And at £110, cheaper than the Milner stuff. wonder if west coast also do a roll bar kit?

I use the whiteline bushes. Rears are not split so must be pressed in, fronts are split so are easy to fit. Seem good quality so far.

I have fitted Superpros to a LC100
Happy with that, will most likely use them in the future too.
They are pricey

In the past I have fitted "geuine" Polybush item & they have worked very well for year.
Including heavy towing, offroading etc.

TerrainTamer bushed get very good critics too. Definately more affordable that OME

Had not yet had the joy of using Milners, but I have seen cars with their bushes on. That did it for me

Back