Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

More EU bollocks

I run 35x12.50r15 so had an easy time getting them.

I've got a big offset plus 6mm spacers, they're pretty close to the calipers still.

Thanks Gary i was beginning to wonder if i had imagined reading that somewhere , it would be valuable info if we knew what you mean by big offset :whistle:

Thanks Gary i was beginning to wonder if i had imagined reading that somewhere , it would be valuable info if we knew what you mean by big offset :whistle:

-44mm :icon-wink:

I had the wheels and bfg 35's before the 80, they're still rather close at the rear even with the spacer.

Just to finish this thread off, this is the response I received regarding new EU regulations:
we can no supply these tyres as they do not comply with the EU directive concerning “dirty oil content”.

Dirty Oil Content. FFS. Probably have same crap soon for my rear bike tyre.

Time to dust off our Aussie passports me thinks. This place has gone bonkers.

Dave.

I had the same problem as you have with the Coopers being K rated, but guess what...
I asked cooper tires why they make them K rated and got this reply :

Cooper Tyres have recently changed the speed rating for some of their off road tyres. This is to comply with the EU Regulation 117 regarding Tyre labelling for Professional Off Road Tyres (P.O.R.).

Tyres must have a max speed rating of K if:

Tread depth equal or greater than 16mm

and

Void to fill ration equal or greater than 35% .

and

Tyres are C3 category tyre (Load rating greater than 121).

or

Noise level is greater than the current EU regulation

Below is a more detailed explanation and an extract from Reg 117

EU Regulation 117. Tyre Labelling: P.O.R

The text below is extracted from page 18 of EU Reg 117 and describes the characteristics needed for a tyre to be classified as P.O.R (Professional Off Road) and thus exempt from Reg 117 tyre labelling requirements.

In addition to Tread Depth and Void Ratios minimum requirements, it also specifies:-

Maximum Speed Rating of Q for C1 & C2 tyres in paragraph 6.7 (a) (iii)

(C1 = Single load PCR, C2 = Dual Load up to 121).

Maximum Speed Rating of K for C3 tyres in paragraph 6.7 (b) (iii)

(C3 = Dual Load greater than 121)

Soooo, long story short, EU makes tyre manufacturers rate them K because they have higher load index than 121 (they are 127, 35x12.5R15 are 113, and thus Q rated), but technically they are perfectly able to run 150km/h.

Just to finish this thread off, this is the response I received regarding new EU regulations:
we can no supply these tyres as they do not comply with the EU directive concerning “dirty oil content”.

Dave.

I'm guessing they mean highly aromatic oils / polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. I for one look forward to ingesting increased levels of these carcinogenic compounds [1] as soon as we can decouple ourselves from our unelected[2] overlords.

[1] seems to be some debate over how easily these detach themselves from tyre compounds, and this may just be playing it safe
[2] nominated by elected governments, just like the UK prime minister is, for example

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The oil in question effects the grip performance of the tyres iirc. Newer compliant tyres with provide better grip than tyres manufactured with so called dirty oil.

Although I suspect this is more of a commercial decision by Cooper Tyres who own MT now

Just burn a swastika stamp into the the sidewall and the EU will be satisfied .

I guess Nazism is synonymous with world domination by undemocratic means which in turn is synonymous with the EU .

Reactions: Ben
-44mm :icon-wink:

I had the wheels and bfg 35's before the 80, they're still rather close at the rear even with the spacer.

Do you mind posting us a picture of how much those -44 rims stick out the guards? I fitted a -44 16x10 once and it was hanging like an inch out the guards

Do you mind posting us a picture of how much those -44 rims stick out the guards? I fitted a -44 16x10 once and it was hanging like an inch out the guards

They stick out past the arches. I'll have to get a pic when it's light.

I guess Nazism is synonymous with world domination by undemocratic means which in turn is synonymous with the EU .
lol, I thought the uk voted in 'their' MEP's? Or did someone else do that on their behalf ;)

No Steve that's why the referendum ended with a "shock" result . If you hold an election somebody has to win , what they hadn't realized is far more people believe they have no voice or influence than people who do believe their vote matters .

You have been voting for who gets bought or blackmailed or is spineless enough to do just as they are told , some i suppose are dumb enough to believe the save the planet mantra but they are all worthless in any case . Brexit brings democracy home , now they will have to start working for votes but it will take a decade before the cancerous EU influence is voted out of UK politics .

Reactions: Ben
And EU anti-tax avoidance directives don't have to be enforced until 2019. Thank goodness we'll be out by then.

IMG_2937.JPG

I know this veers well into that politics forum no one uses but I couldn't resist.

Edit: OK I realise now this was from 2014, but still.

Dave.

After the debacle of my Yokohama tyres I did some scratching around about the differences between different brands of tyres. And yes I can confirm that ORANGE PEEL (no honest) is a significant additive to many brands, my source would not confirm if this was an EU directive but rest assured it does help the environment..........and keep mosquitoes at bay.

Regards

Dave

I've spent hours over the last week looking at oversize tyre options 35's to 37's and it seems to me the Nazi bastards have finally found a covert way to ban modified 4x4's , what's the point in a suspension lift if the biggest tyres you can get will fit without one ?

Our only hope is the the EUrinal will import inferior tyres from China to Germany where they will be stamped with a swastika and sold at a 300% profit .

Back