Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

More EU bollocks

This new European Regulation on tyre labeling came into force from 01 November 2012 and will apply to tyres manufactured from 01 July 2012, for passenger cars, vans, 4X4s and trucks. The labels will improve the information supplied to consumers with regards to safety (wet grip), and environmental matters (fuel efficiency and external noise).

The Regulation does not apply to tyres that have been retreaded, studded, marked “for competition use”, or equivalent, or to certain professional off road tyres and vintage tyres. Truck tyres will not need to have a label, however, the performance information on fuel efficiency and noise will still be published. For passenger car and van tyres, the information relating to the label will also be presented in a standardised format in tyre manufacturers’ technical documentation and web sites.

The same information will also be provided on (or with) the tyre sales invoice supplied by the vendor to the consumer. The consumer will then have the chance to improve his or her product knowledge and to compare tyre performances.
Deciphering the label
Fuel efficiency
On the left of the label, an energy efficiency grading indicates the tyre’s contribution to fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. Tyres are responsible for approximately 20% of a vehicle’s fuel consumption, mainly due to their rolling resistance. Reducing rolling resistance can therefore contribute significantly to improving the energy efficiency of road transport, hence reducing CO2 emissions. In fact, it is the tyre’s rolling resistance level, measured on a machine, which determines its energy efficiency grade.
On the label the tyre rolling resistance is expressed in grades from A to G. Grade A indicates the most fuel efficient tyres and grade G the least performing tyres in this category.
Wet grip
On the right of the label is a scale grading the tyre’s wet road braking performance. Measurements are made on a vehicle under conditions defined by the European Regulation (speed, track characteristics, water depth, and temperature).
• Tyres are graded from A to G with A indicating the highest wet grip performance
• The grade is determined by comparing the test tyre’s performance to that of a reference tyre.
Exterior noise
Traffic noise is a major source of nuisance. The lower par t of the label shows the level of exterior tyre noise emitted from the vehicle (not the interior tyre noise level heard by the driver) expressed in decibels.
Minimum levels
This European Regulation aims to improve the overall market in the above three performances. Also, from 01 November 2012, as a further measure to improve tyre performance, it will no longer be possible for tyre manufacturers to homologate new types of tyre in class G for rolling resistance or class F for wet braking (G is already vacant). Sales of tyres in the lower classes of rolling resistance and wet grip will progressively be banned during the coming years.

My take on that is the sizes that fail simply need to be marked for competition use and they are exempt , so they can still sell them and as far as i can tell so far they should cause no problems at M.O.T time ?

Copied and pasted from my Toyo contact form .

Hi will you be offering road legal 35x13.50 R15 tyres in the UK at any time in the future or has Adolf Hitler banned modified 4x4's all together ?

Hi will you be offering road legal 35x13.50 R15 tyres in the UK at any time in the future or has Adolf Hitler banned modified 4x4's all together ?
Don't you have 16's?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Don't you have 16's?

Yes reconditioned 80 alloys fitted at present but plans are evolving and they don't include standard wheels .

I am beginning to wonder if its worth getting a lift at all if the Nazi's have banned anything bigger than pram wheels though . Fingers crossed all the warehouses are full of christmas junk from china and stocks will be replenished next year when whats left will be burnt because it had no value in the first place .

Response

Good afternoon Shayne and a Happy New Year

Thank you for your enquiry.

Unfortunately in this instance, the size you are looking for will not be one we will have in the UK and most likely never will….a similarity the aforementioned A.H seem to share.

Our sincerest apologies. We hope we can assist you in the future.

Back