Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 80

Wonderful satisfying resoration always Gary a delight to see. Look forward to seeing it all shiny as new. :thumbup:

Very nice rig gary, and a great rear set up that looks like its been honed and perfected over the years to perfectly suit your needs.

your not really gonna get rid of it for one of them ute things are you?..

#looks for cover..#

Cheers, still tweaking the storage etc tbh. im currently trying to condense the space the tools take up so i can use a smaller section in the right side drawer, takes up half of the left side drawer at the moment. getting the longer items mounted along the sides will help. will be loaded up with all the camping gear etc at the end of the month so will be able test the new layout.

Its a hilux that will replace the 80 tbh but not for a while.

At some point it'll probably end up with a load of bits removed and a few fresh coats of black.

Cheers, still tweaking the storage etc tbh. im currently trying to condense the space the tools take up so i can use a smaller section in the right side drawer, takes up half of the left side drawer at the moment. getting the longer items mounted along the sides will help. will be loaded up with all the camping gear etc at the end of the month so will be able test the new layout.

Its a hilux that will replace the 80 tbh but not for a while.

At some point it'll probably end up with a load of bits removed and a few fresh coats of black.
Thats just what im trying to do, but im putting all my tools in the tail gate. I want my tools to always be in the motor,not having to remember to put the tool box in, or having them in some of the time.

I keep them in all the time, I have a kit that's just to leave in there. I won't carry any less just organise it better (that's the plan)
I've not got the 80 for a few days but I've got the right side draw in the garage.

Well it's Wednesday which means i get the 80 back....

Well that was the plan anyway.
He spent most of Saturday and all day Monday rebuilding the metal work on the tailgate, Tuesday getting the shape right and he said hardly used any filler.

The tailgate only just got colour painted this afternoon. He's refitting it tomorrow then the 80 is in the booth for a few other bits.

No pics unfortunately yet

Hopefully tomorrow evening but looking more like Friday.

We go camping and laning next weekend so will be a couple of evenings to get everything refitted.

If anyone else has corrosion in the same place and wants it repairing like this, not just sanding/filling.
Steve says you can take the bugger somewhere else :lol:

He said getting it right has just eaten up the hours, it holds the screen in place so has to be right.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well a couple of pics....

Inside frame
20170518_182328.jpg

20170518_182334.jpg

And the most important part, the shiny bit

20170518_182605.jpg

20170518_182600.jpg

20170518_182613.jpg

He's done an absolutely fantastic job, the panel and paint is flawless, you can't see where it's been repaired.

Cheers.
I'm very happy with it, being black it shows up everything, the repair and paint is truly flawless.
He's done a few other bits of paint for me too.

I was going to buy a second hand tailgate but chances of getting a black one in good condition, slim at best.

Even the refurbished ones available would have to be painted.

The repair work, paint and the other bits has cost me less then the fridge in the boot!!!
I've cashed in some favours though.

I now need to build some more favours to get the rest painted.

Couple of hours with the polish and the 80 is back to its shiny glory again.

20170521_170351.jpg

20170521_170338.jpg

It's been a little neglected recently and was faded in places. Freshly painted bits made the rest look worse.
Needs a couple more coats of wax at some point to make it really sparkle.

My now insulated fridge cover too
20170521_170737.jpg

That looks like a bir of elbow greese went in. Great resukt.

Also, remind me again, what cover is this?

That looks like a bir of elbow greese went in. Great resukt.

Also, remind me again, what cover is this?

Cheers, it does take some work. It still needed a coat of the autoglym deep shine then the hardwax but had other things to do. It'll have to wait till next time. To do it properly takes 4 to 5 hours!!

It's a cover for an indel fridge from trek overland.
It is just a cover, not a perfect fit to the mobicool. Bottomless cover and doesn't reach all the way down. It adds some protection. I've had to modify it a little bit.
The foil insulation is a take 2 kinda thing.
This time I made it one piece so the fridge sits on it, then cut to shape and taped the joins. It's held in place using double sided tape on the fridge and cut out for vents etc. With the top closed it's nicely insulated.

20170521_170719.jpg

You can see where doesn't reach the bottom, the handles hold the cover in place ( I had to make some holes for the bolts) iirc it was £35 so no complaints here.

Outstanding Gary. I really need to put one of mine though the polishing shop. It doesn't need any paint, but it wants mopping to make it gleam like yours.

Outstanding Gary. I really need to put one of mine though the polishing shop. It doesn't need any paint, but it wants mopping to make it gleam like yours.

I guess you've not had the side of yours in close contact with the solid elements of nature :lol:
Has a few new scratches, even got one that runs headlight to tail light :oops:
Most of it polished up.
After this weekend in the dales it'll get the full cleaning treatment, lots of coats of wax etc.

Well to add a little update on here, the table proved to work very well over the weekend, didn't use the extension part but didn't need the extra surface

20170527_085213.jpg

The fridge slide made life easier, no climbing into the boot to get stuff out.
The extra insulation has definitely made a difference, temperature throughout is more consistent.

Back