Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 80

Black on black? it might end up looking like the enemy in Street Hawk if you're not careful :icon-wink:

Showing my age!

Regards

Michael @ Pedders

Black on black? it might end up looking like the enemy in Street Hawk if you're not careful :icon-wink:

Showing my age!

Regards

Michael @ Pedders

Ha, Ha! At least the Peddars RED suspension will stand out nice and bright against the black!

Well the missus likes the Matt black rims too so they're staying :)

Will be on soon. Need to finish the winch install, haven't been upto my unit for last couple of days as work has been busy (typical month end) and a leaving do for one of the lads.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Got a bit further with the winch install...

Extended the winch-it mount to meet upto the bumper
20130630_010809.jpg

Got the bumper cut out
20130630_000514.jpg
20130630_000403.jpg

I've cut a piece out on top of the bumper so I can see the winch line and get to the freespool lever (rotated it back to the top as was round at the front) I'm going to make a cover out of ally sheet for the top for when the winch isn't in use, need to decide where the wanderlead connector is going but i'm thinking on top of the bumper.
I did take some more pics but they've not come out too well, it was 1am when I got finished in the man cave though!

I've been on with a bit more and it's been a busy few days.
had to repair the front bumper after it got damaged in a carpark :icon-evil: The metal part got pushed in and bent, it hit the piece on the end of the chassis so bent around it! the front left plastic part was scraped and low! My young 'un nearly learnt some new words :eusa-naughty:

Bashed back somewhere near it's shape and some filler applied
20130701_204408.jpg
All rubbed down and primed (makeshift panel stand of some concrete blocks)
20130701_215124.jpg
All painted and looking better, it's not perfect but i'm happy with the outcome
20130703_223001.jpg

Got the winch wired up and finished off, mounted ready for the bumper
20130703_202245.jpg
Can see the winch nicely through the top and get to the freespool lever
20130704_221202.jpg
Made a cover for everyday use, I welded a captive nut into the bumper either side and a couple of stainless bolts hold it in place
20130704_221356.jpg
Just need to put the plasma on as thought i'd give it a wash first.

Ran the wires just under the grille and upto the engine bay
20130706_235534.jpg
Solenoid mounted next to the battery on a bracket screwed to the front panel
20130707_005957.jpg

I couldn't decide where to fit the wander lead plug but the A bar has some spare brackets on the sides so a couple of holes drilled and mounted it in
20130707_000124.jpg

Wires run into the bumper then upto the engine bay with the other cables.
To make it easier when the bumper has to come off in the future I've put some terminals on which sit behind the grille so easy to get to when needed
20130703_221719.jpg
Made a loom up to extend the wiring which has been finished off with loom tape
20130703_221749.jpg
20130706_232049.jpg

Then most importantly I bolted the 35's on :icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin:
20130706_211931.jpg
20130706_211950.jpg
It drives nice still and performance isn't really lacking, the auto box doesn't seem to be upset either, just need to check the speedo for accuracy! Forgot how noisy mt's can be though lol

Sat just outside the mancave where I've spent a few hours recently
20130706_214014.jpg

Next job is to make some bash plates and some sliders.
I'm wanting to keep the side steps as I like how they look on the 80 and I'm not allowed to get rid lol. Just need to stare at the underside a bit and come up with a solution. Same with the bash plates I guess then go get some steel during the week.
Can see some cups of tea getting consumed over next few days.

Luvverly! Very neat and tidy, black/black gets my vote!

I've got the ARB side steps. I don't recommend them too much, but if you're going to make up (or have someone make) sliders, then with step ally chequer plate, they'll have the same effect as the OEM steps without having to worrying about bending them on a rock.

I went up my local 1:4 (ish) this w/e and it was muddy and very slippery. The gas company had dug a fresh hole in the track near the bottom of the hill and as I rounded the pile of arisings from the hole, the car slid sideways and I hit a monster rock (about 1m x 1m x 1m) very hard. If I hadn't had the ARB side bars I would have definitely stoved my door and wing in! It's the first time I've been glad of those side / wing bars, now I'm not so concerned about them being so bloody ugly! :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments.

Had a little stare underneath tonight and got a couple of ideas, I'd like to keep the stock steps tbh and incorporate the sliders with them.
Going to have fun round the cat converters and looked around on the net and some good solutions out there. :)

could you turn the cats thru 90 degrees ... that would sort of tuck them out of the way a bit ... and make it easier to shield them

Tbh Carl I've only got 1 cat fitted (the front one) which will help , I do want to make a new exhaust at some point and think it'll get re routed so doesn't bend under the chassis further back too. Wanna start at the headers and work backwards. Emissions are close so really need to put the 2nd one back in.
It's going back into the man cave Thursday and will come out with a bit more weight.

The 80's looking great with the 35's and hidden winch Gary. Good work!

Thanks Scott.

Picked up some steel today and I've come up with a plan to keep the side steps, it should hopefully work! Having a night off tonight and will have a couple of late ones over the weekend, may not get sliders fully made but should get plenty done.

Been on with a few jobs on the 80, between working, holidays and general life lol

Got the sliders finished off and they've gone to be powder coated, took a bit of thinking around the cats but after plenty tea drinking and browsing the net I came up with something.
The goal was to keep the original side steps, no.1 I like how they look and no.2 the wife told me I must have side steps so she can get in! I kinda like the discreet/understated look too.

Slider under the side step
20130713_221746.jpg

Made up some mounts and worked it around the exhaust, made a guard for the cats and kept it as high as I could,
20130811_002222.jpg
20130811_005518.jpg
20130814_210725.jpg

both sliders ready to coating then just need to bolt them on
20130816_223430.jpg

I got the winch wiring finished off and some spot lights fitted to the A bar, got my cb to fit and a few small jobs to do.

After a bit of a look round on line I've decided to buy a steering guard and transmission guard, can buy both for not silly money, I don't like to buy generally but by the time I've bought the steel, made them and had coated I won't save that much so i'll let someone else do the work for a change :icon-biggrin:

Had a word with bodyshop at work about the bonnet, got a corrosion patch where A bar bracket has rubbed (need to make new brackets so don't touch the bonnet) they said it'd be a pain to sort so best to get another bonnet, either in black for ease or get one and they'll paint it for me. It'll wait as not a high priority item to sort out though.

Done a few little jobs, been away with work for the week so only small ish jobs (not that got any big jobs left to do)
Got some spot lamps on and the plasma on the winch,
20130818_202350.jpg

Trimmed the mud flaps off so they don't get ripped off,
20130825_231750.jpg
20130825_231802.jpg

Got a switch fitted for the cdl
20130831_204130.jpg

I've had a really annoying noise from the centre console area, a knocking/rattle noise so I took the console out to investigate, found a live shotgun cartridge rolling around under there!! could've been interesting off road lol
20130831_211138.jpg

Been giving the interior a clean up and have conditioned the leather too, it's got a few cracks in it up front so got some stuff from the valeters at work, they said should help soften it up a bit and restore a bit of colour, it does look a lot better for it but needs doing a few more times apparently.

Going for some road tax tomorrow :icon-biggrin: :icon-biggrin: got a wedding in a couple of weeks and using it to go there then going to get out on some local lanes :dance:

Back