Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My Hundred

They say the devil is in the details and they're not wrong :lol: Looks like you got pretty much what you set out to achieve :icon-cool: I didn't put tops on mine, I had something like 2 crook fingers at the far end that the boards pushed under and then just zip tied them at the business end.

Second project was to modify the monitor mount on the dash to cater for both the monitor and the new garmin dezl.

11.JPG

I used an aluminum profile bolted to a section of aluminum plate screwed to the base plate fixed to the dash.

12.JPG

I used RAM mount components and custom made one for the dezl by attaching a mount that is included with the gps and a ram mount ball using cable ties.

13.JPG

The screens are positioned to allow a clear view through the wind screen - this picture does not do a good job of showing this.

14.JPG

I was not happy with the result as there was what I thought was excessive wobble when driving on slightly bumpy roads and this would be a lot worse on rough tracks. Each bump is made worse by the longish (30 cm) aluminum and the length of the Ram Mount clamps. So its back to the drawing board.

I might have over engineered mine. I wasn't sure what thickness of steel to use. While I didn't do the welding myself, this was my first attempt at fabricating something using metal and I am happy with the result. I will have a go at something else in the future, and will try to do the welding myself.

was it too wobbly when there was just 1 screen or only since adding the aluminium profile? When I added a mount for the Dezl I used a second plate. The top of the 100 dash should be multiple plate friendly? Interesting how you linked the Garmin and Ram mount parts, I didn't think of that and bought the RAM mount Dezl holder :think:

I think that Ram mount do a twin ball mount that would fix to the dash and support an arm on each ball. Don't know if it would be any improvement in the solidness department.

The 100 is looking good Reinhard, I look forward to seeing it at Lincomb.

I might have over engineered mine. I wasn't sure what thickness of steel to use. While I didn't do the welding myself, this was my first attempt at fabricating something using metal and I am happy with the result. I will have a go at something else in the future, and will try to do the welding myself.
Think I used very similar materials, so it probably was over engineered :whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It was fairly steady with just one screen. I think the wobble is a combination of the length and rigidity of the profile and the length of the clamp, plus the weight of the screens. I think steel 6mm flat bar will be more rigid. Plan is still to attach it to the existing base plate. I am trying to avoid fixing any more base plates.

The holes of the dezl mount and the ram mount ball line up exactly so easy to zip tie.

was it too wobbly when there was just 1 screen or only since adding the aluminium profile? When I added a mount for the Dezl I used a second plate. The top of the 100 dash should be multiple plate friendly? Interesting how you linked the Garmin and Ram mount parts, I didn't think of that and bought the RAM mount Dezl holder :think:

Thanks Scott. I did actually see the twin ball mount but I was trying to be clever using the Al profile so I could slide the mounts along it to reposition them as required. That part of the design does work. I think I have spent enough on Ram mount kit for now so I need to come up with a solution using the bits that I have.

See you at Lincomb.

I think that Ram mount do a twin ball mount that would fix to the dash and support an arm on each ball. Don't know if it would be any improvement in the solidness department.

The 100 is looking good Reinhard, I look forward to seeing it at Lincomb.

Thanks Gav. Hope to have replacement monitor mount sorted by the weekend.

I recently won these outback drawers on the bay

e046de5631ba8bf8db7fbd5544cfd4f3.jpg

ddeb4494a20691daf7bc1107c9705fea.jpg

Had been considering building a new storage system similar to Andy's in the Hilux but these worked out to a similar price without all the effort. It's not often that 100's kit shows up on the bay so when I saw them I grabbed them.

They are not bolted down at the moment as I need to relocate the leisure battery fuse box and power outlets that were built into the old system.

I am happy with the purchase but need to replace the locks as the keys were missing and have to repair or replace one of the brackets holding up the side wings as it had been cut.

Reinhard

Looks great and sounds a bargain and will save 20-30hrs labour :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. I now just need to find sometime to clean them up and sort out the electrics.

Back