1. Julian Eley

Julian Eley New Member I am in uk

Map
    Hi, I have just put down the deposite in a 1996 Japanese export Land Cruiser that has had a lot of work done on it and looks great. That is about all I knkow so far. I do re-enactment and so carry stuff I do not want on display. It has been suggested to me that I tint out the windows but an associate says I might be able to get mesh screens I can clip in and out that prevents anyone looking in but i can see through from the inside and remove or clip in as required. Does anyone have any suggestions or contacts they can give me?

2. Mojo

Mojo Member I am in hong_kong

Map
    Hi Julian,
    When the remainder of the funds are cleared post some pics of the Landcruiser and lets see how great it looks!

As for window security, there are 8 'windows/panels of glass' to protect.
    Rear boot windows: consider Gullwings (2/8 covered) - search the forum for info.
    Rear windscreen/rear passenger windows: apply anti-smash tint (0% allowed by UK DVLA law) (3/8 covered)
    Front windscreen/front windows: apply anti-smash tint (70% allowed by UK DVLA law) (3/8 covered).

Alternatively add a set of lockable draws in the rear & don't leave valuables on display. Most smash & grab are opportunistic; they ain't got time to look around and plan the break in, just make it a little harder so that they move onto the Landrover next door....

3. Dave_S

Dave_S Well-Known Member

Map
    Welcome aboard!

Re you question on windows etc... Personally I'd just tint the rear windows, and as mentioned above fit some locking drawers/boxes.

4. AndycruiserguyLomas

AndycruiserguyLomas Well-Known Member I am in england

Map
    Welcome aboard Julian. This is a great forum with lots of helpful experience.
    It's not a green one by chance is it?

5. karl webster

karl webster Land Cruiser Club sponsor Promoted Company Land Cruiser Club Promoted Company

Map
  6. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Well-Known Member Supporter Guru I am in uk

Garage:
    Map
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  7. Julian Eley

Map
    In answer to AndycruiserguyLomas, yes. I hope to get it tomorrow night after the wax has dried. Here is a picture I took on Friday. It will be going straight to a good guarage for a toewbar, radio etc and hope to be mobile by the end of the week.

20180307_140802.jpg

8. Dervis Garip

Dervis Garip Well-Known Member Supporter I am in cyprus

Garage:
    Map
    Hi Julian welcome...nice looking motor you got there. :clap:

9. Dave_S

Dave_S Well-Known Member

Map
    Ah - ignore the gull wing comments then! I think we all assumed you had an 80 Series (well, I know I did)...

AndycruiserguyLomas likes this.
  10. AndycruiserguyLomas

AndycruiserguyLomas Well-Known Member I am in england

Map
    Great looking Prado, I bet I'm not the only one who thought it was going to be an 80 series.

11. tonytoyota

tonytoyota Well-Known Member

Map
    Hi and welcome looks like the one I have good old cruiser :thumbup:.

12. StarCruiser

Garage:
    Map
    You’re not Andy :lol: .

Nice truck Julian. :clap: Welcome to cruiser ownership.

13. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Well-Known Member Supporter I am in wales

Map
    Security tinted film on the rear window and quarter lights and a cargo barrier. This should provide a relatively secure compartment.

14. StarCruiser

Garage:
    Map
    :text-+1: If they can’t see what’s in there they’re less likely to want to steal it.

15. Julian Eley

Map
    Hi all, well, I got it just before the snow hit. Here are some pics. As far as I can see it was a family car. Runs well. Very clean with lots of work just done to be able to sell it. I have been trying to figure out exactly which series it is. A number of you thought it was going to be an 80 series. Am I right in thinking it is a 95? I will be using it for moving livestock and Viking and 15th century re-enactment (which takes me all over the England, possibly the UK) hence my desire to keep the weapons etc out of sight. :) I was intending to get a Landrover but this came up and I got it instead. Looks like I can sleep in the back.

20180307_140827.JPG 20180315_081844.JPG 20180315_081855.JPG 20180315_081903.JPG 20180315_081918.JPG

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter