New, witty named Aussie guy :)

WrongNameChanged

Country Flag
australia
Hi all.
Am new to this scene and have signed on here to learn more about these
redoubtable wagons.
I'm Rob, based in SA, Ozzie-land.
Haven't owned a L'C yet, but am hoping to. Partly for future travels and giggles
and partly as a future proofing exercise. Can't stand the way cars are getting more and more
short-life tech in them that beeps and boops and flashes more than a 90's dance floor but
with no bar !
Am having recurring fantasies of finding and owing an 80 Series wagon with a manual gearbox and non turbo
engine that's not done 7 billions of miles on the weekend on dry bitumen. Y'know how it is ;)
If I had more money and time and space, my dream Cruiser would be a cliche' breaker 60 series.
Dumped to the weeds, mild roof chop, bench seat front, seatless rear, column auto, lazy, carbied and quiet big block burbling away like a hill billy Caddy. Hee hee, such fun.

I've had mixed 4B4 experience, mostly easy peasy dirt, mud, hard sand. Have driven rusty open topped 2-stroke Suzukis chasing rabbits on dirt and boxthorns and skated rental V8 LCs on slimy slimy mud and deep soft sand in between expensive equipment and members of public.
I've a real knack for piloting things with four wheels and look forward to spending more time challenging it off road, in the future :)
Cheers.

Welcome to the forum Rob!

Read your intro, then had a beer. Then I read it again with an Ozzie accent, but I still can't make much sense of it :lol:

Still, I liked the bit about fantasizing over finding and owning an 80 series, manual gearbox and no turbo.

Sounds like what I've got!

And I love it!

Waiting for photos of what you do get, as long as it's not chopped, lowered or ponced-up to be something that it isn't .... :icon-biggrin:

I'm from Aus and I'm not sure what he said either haha. Must be a South Aus thing. Have a mate with a petrol 80 nicely modified . Great car.

I got it. Paints a vivid picture of Aus life.
Keep learning/searching mate, you'll find one in the end. It'll be worth the wait!

Maybe it's because im originally from Cpt Cook country but i understood you perfectly, can't say i agree with chopping and dropping a 60 but hey, each to their own.
You'll find a great 80 for sure but look into actually importing it from Japan yourself, there are still some ones in amazing condition to be found. I almost used these guys. https://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/toyota/land cruiser/?fid=1989&jid=1998&co=392

:text-+1:

He wants an old Landcruiser because all new cars are electronic and shite . His dream would be a fully modified maybe bobtailed and open topped 60 series but reality bites and an 80 with reasonable mileage will have to do .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome Rob, love the intro, hope you get exactly what you want but the compromise won't be so bad either :)

Steve.

Good thought there Shayne. I suspect there may be thousands of miles involved, but it's worth a shot.

Back