Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Newbie Question: Recovery Points

I just used 1 bolt for each and didn't get stuck! That same day I broke my bumper anyway so now have a winch number with recover points.
I did have a surf before and the recovery hooks fitted that fine but can't remember where I got those ones from, a surf isn't too far away from a 90 though.

Haha, everything happens for a reason and all that, eh?! I would love a winch bumper with recovery points, just a fair amount of cash to fork out which could be better spent on more useful stuff for it at the moment, unfortunately!

Toyota supplied recovery hooks with (some? all?) new vehicles which bolted onto the front chassis leg and included a sprung metal 'keeper'. I have two fitted that I got from scrapyards. If you find someone breaking a Toyota on Ebay it would be worth asking them. Guaranteed to fit the holes!

AFN or Ironman could be more winch-bar options for you... and probably too far away for you actually, but you might like to check out West Coast... I know they can get very busy at times but really just the nicest folk imaginable.

...and nope, categorically affirm & declare I have no affiliation or interest whatsoever in WC, just like their style and the work they do :):sweatsmile:

AFN or Ironman could be more winch-bar options for you... and probably too far away for you actually, but you might like to check out West Coast... I know they can get very busy at times but really just the nicest folk imaginable.

...and nope, categorically affirm & declare I have no affiliation or interest whatsoever in WC, just like their style and the work they do :):sweatsmile:

As much as I'd love to, a winch bar (and the winch I'd inevitably be buying VERY shortly after) would be the best part of £1,500 from what I can see? Got quite a few little bits I would rather do before then and another project car which is also a money hogger!

Toyota supplied recovery hooks with (some? all?) new vehicles which bolted onto the front chassis leg and included a sprung metal 'keeper'. I have two fitted that I got from scrapyards. If you find someone breaking a Toyota on Ebay it would be worth asking them. Guaranteed to fit the holes!

That sounds interesting! I had no idea these would fit. Off to eBay!

Sorry... not my clearest post. I meant Colorados, not all Toyotas. But that's how I got mine.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Boats and project cars' (aka land-yachts lol) share a singular less appealing trait.... both very often veritable money pits, in fact one definition of a boat is 'a hole in the water that you dump all your money into' - completely understand re efficient allocation of funds... for now perhaps just file under mental research as something to revisit in due course... because we all know the day will come when you can resist no more. Have fun and good luck :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Back