Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Not for vertigoans... ;-)

Oh, he had a parachute :doh: I wondered how he was going to land gently.

Seriously that must be one hell of a rush. It's pretty close to actually flying. He went a helluva long way - and at some speed. Imagine being out walking yer pooch when than flies over your head at 10ft up! You'd think it was an alien invasion.

I'd like to try that, but it's the jumping off a perfectly good rock that scares the 5h1t out of me. That and gravity.

C

Obviously he can't get any lift - so he just slowing his rate of descent all the time, but he can steer. When he passes close to the ground over the tops of hills, I guess he has to be very very careful not to run out of height. Next thing he'd hit the ground at 120 mph. Fine over a short peak or the odd field, but you could get that very wrong. There might be some minor ground effect like helicopters experience, but not much I'll bet.

:shock: How close did he get. I wonder if he is able to create any upwards flight, or is it more a controlled fall...... Either way amazing

The 'man hits bridge at 120' video makes a good argument for not jumping off the perfectly good rock!

Controlled fall i reckon you might be able to get a bit of lift but not much, not quite sure how you would flare

still looks like a helluva a ride.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Was on tv a while ago. That bloke is many spanners short of a set! They also "showed" his mate hitting the bridge - one of them was supposed to fly over the bridge and the other just under. His mate tried to go through....
The fly-by on Corcovado in Rio was scary too!

I think I'll have to add that to the list of 'Things to do before I pop my clogs' :thumbup:
There would probably be a minimum amount of lift as he can obviously steer so must be getting some lift on his 'wings', and I would think some ground effect too.

Clearly watching too much Transformers then!!

Wing suits are too cool - would love to base off Table Mountain with one of those - all the way to Table View I reckon - what a blast! :lol:

some different cuts

[youtube:39q8pa41]cspAZB5aPIk[/youtube:39q8pa41]

You can almost imagine him landing gracefully on a gentle downward slope :shock:

TonyP said:
You can almost imagine him landing gracefully on a gentle downward slope :shock:

not really. I was waiting for him to plough a long trench :evil:

Crispin said:
TonyP said:
not really. I was waiting for him to plough a long trench :evil:
:lol: I wonder what speed he is actually travelling at :think:

Well, before this his mate died in an accident. Hit a bridge at 120mph. See YouTube for interview about it.

Sent from TapaTalk

Back