Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Official Toyota Bullbar

Yes but I do expect the feet stud pattern will be the industrial standard. Will be interesting if it's not please post the sizes

Finally had a chance to get under it tonight for a look. Easier writing down measurements and taking a pic lol.

IMG_20190107_195644.jpg IMG_20190107_201241.jpg

Well there is twice the amount of bolts to start.

Then the normal size is 4bolt 10" x 4.5" or 254mm x 114mm

So no the winch will not fit much off the shelf that I have seen.

Happy to check measurements in a few days on my bumper. I did use internet for conversion so may be out

The OE one you link looks very much like TJM or maybe Ironman to me too. Oz has very strict rules on bars, they have to be crash tested so there are few choices as the cost to do this is prohibitive. I have a shipping contact in Oz who might be able to help but it won't be cheap to ship even on consolidated freight.

Starting to think it might be easier to replace the winch and use the existing wiring.

Starting to think it might be easier to replace the winch and use the existing wiring.

Thought I'd update this, after much searching I settled for an AFN bar which is compatible with the factory winch. Nice looking bit of kit but just need some time to fit it now.

Still not 100% sure what to do with the built in lights, one set will be fogs which the car already has. Thinking the other set could be DRLs.
Thought about extra indicators but I'm not keen on putting extra load on the indicator flasher unit.

IMG_20190410_175945.jpg

There looks as much work in that shipping frame as the actual bars.

They look well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There looks as much work in that shipping frame as the actual bars.

They look well.

I know, I wasn't expecting it to be so well packaged up. It even has slip joints in the middle to pull the frame apart easily.

Once it's on the car I'll get a few more pics up. Instructions are crap lol but I'll work it out.

Not exactly plug and play but it went on today.
Still to sort out winch control socket mount, light connections and a number plate mount.
Seriously heavy with the winch bolted on trying to get it lined up with the chassis rails.
Transformed the look of the car.

IMG_20190413_201245__02.jpg IMG_20190413_201203__01.jpg

I helped unload all the bars off the truck at West Coast, think there was four to be sent out for 70’s that week. looks really good.

I helped unload all the bars off the truck at West Coast, think there was four to be sent out for 70’s that week. looks really good.
Cool, Paul was spot on to deal with at West Coast.
Managed to find a couple of pre drilled holes that the winch socket mounted straight onto so happy days.
Fog lights on the cruiser were HB4 and the new ones are H8 so I've found adapter harnesses on Amazon.

Not exactly plug and play but it went on today.
Still to sort out winch control socket mount, light connections and a number plate mount.
Seriously heavy with the winch bolted on trying to get it lined up with the chassis rails.
Transformed the look of the car.

Glad I found this thread, I am off to West Coast on Tuesday to pick up my AFN bar for my 79 DC. How did you find fitting it? Any tips?

Glad I found this thread, I am off to West Coast on Tuesday to pick up my AFN bar for my 79 DC. How did you find fitting it? Any tips?
Cool, always nice to know there's other 70's out there.
Fitting wasn't too bad, loads of stuff has to come off the car before you expose the chassis rails.
If you have a factory winch , it's heavy as and you need to remove the locating pins on its feet to allow it to bolt on the AFN. I re used the factory winch rollers but they need to bolt on upside down with M8 bolts (not supplied) My number plate is attached to the winch hook holder plate that slips between the rollers. The bracket supplied wasn't compatible with the factory winch rollers so I couldn't use it.
Apart from the weight of the thing, it bolted on fine. If you have factory fogs then you need some hb4 to h8 harness adaptors off Amazon or eBay to keep things tidy and easy.
The fitting instructions are crap, more just a diagram. Two extra L shaped brackets come with it and I couldn't find a place for them and they weren't displayed on the diagram. I just put them to the side and got on with fittinf the bumper after much head scratching.
Good luck with it, oh and I definitely want to see pics lol.IMG_20190413_201213.jpg
IMG_20190413_201258.jpg
IMG_20190413_202440.jpg

Thanks for that info. I have the winch so it will be pretty similar. No fogs but I think it is all pre wired so just needs connected up. I might have them as DRL:s.

I've also got an OME suspension to put on too, so might be a whole before pics!

Thanks for that info. I have the winch so it will be pretty similar. No fogs but I think it is all pre wired so just needs connected up. I might have them as DRL:s.

I've also got an OME suspension to put on too, so might be a whole before pics!
No worries. Yeah I might wire in the outer lights as DRLs instead of indicators.
You'll find the winch earth and supply cables will be tight but I managed to reshape mine and get them in place.

I see there us a cutout in the front bar. Any idea what that is for?

Back