Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Overland show 2017

Hate to say it, but don't pay the day rate for the Sunday - unless you get in early. Many of the stalls and campers sod off in the afternoon. Saturday is the day, if you can only do one....

Hate to say it, but don't pay the day rate for the Sunday - unless you get in early. Many of the stalls and campers sod off in the afternoon. Saturday is the day, if you can only do one....
Bet you cant remember this dave.. you were right about that jumberoo:icon-biggrin:

I'm also planning on being there for the Saturday only

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
apologies folks, a bit late to the party! just booked me tickets.. @fbnss still up for Friday evening convoy? Anyone else heading up from London who might like to cruise up with us?

apologies folks, a bit late to the party! just booked me tickets.. @fbnss still up for Friday evening convoy? Anyone else heading up from London who might like to cruise up with us?
Yes mate

I'm also planning on being there for the Saturday only
I'm hoping to make Saturday as well, not sure if I'll have the truck with me, doesn't seem much point in day visiting with it to leave it in the car park.

Right guys.
I was needing four people who were paying on the gate for the weekend camp because we have four free tickets. As I see it there's three so far. My idea was the four people could pay the their money into a raffle. Then we can draw four names out of a hat. Those four get there admission for free. It may still work yet if everyone's ok with that unless someone can think of a better way. Either way I need to get sorted.
Thanks

Last edited:
Right guys.
I was needing four people who were paying on the gate for the weekend camp because we have four free tickets. As I see it there's three so far. My idea was the four people could pay the there money into a raffle and we can raffle the draw four names out of a hat. Those four get there admission for free. It may still work yet if everyone's ok with that unless someone can think of a better way. Either way I need to get sorted.
Thanks

Happy to pay into the raffle or pay on the gate. I'm easy. :sunglasses:

I'm hoping to make Saturday as well, not sure if I'll have the truck with me, doesn't seem much point in day visiting with it to leave it in the car park.

Yeh I agree! I don't have a choice though as it's currently my only form of transport. Keeps the oil producers happy!

Right guys.
I was needing four people who were paying on the gate for the weekend camp because we have four free tickets. As I see it there's three so far. My idea was the four people could pay the their money into a raffle. Then we can draw four names out of a hat. Those four get there admission for free. It may still work yet if everyone's ok with that unless someone can think of a better way. Either way I need to get sorted.
Thanks
You're owed a freebie from last year aren't you?

A forum member pinched my free ticket last year yes, but I think I still got in for free due to me making it aware I wasn't chuffed. Either way I personally think it's a fair way of doing it. I wasn't expecting everyone to pre pay though to be honest.

All sounds fair, just thought i'd mention it as you couldn't.

There was a mix up with me last year as qwell, Iarrived said Land Cruiser club stand and got waved through turns out they mixed me up qith another member KB ao I paid his entry . Please excuse all the ty9os I' m having trouble with my tablet keyboard

I explained to tom what a shambles last year was. Hopefully they will be better organised. As Chris has mentioned though in the thread. It's the same year on year. I enjoy it once we get to the camping pitch. The bit driving into the show ground and having to speak with them in the little hut just boils me up.

Last edited:
If they can better organise, they will be both more profitable, and a better event to attend - A large part of their uncertanity around being able to continue is also down to poor management of the event. There is clearly a market for it, and I think its upto the organisers here to be fullfill it or let someone else come in and do it for them.

Back