Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Post your 0-60 times here!

Beau

Country Flag
guyana
Hey guys, thought this may be a little fun for us to do... :think::lol:

In short, post a video of your cruiser doing a 0-60mph run. It'll be something for others to compare and it'll show the better performance modifications over the poor. It'll be interesting to compare all makes and models cruisers so the wider the variety the better! When done figure out your 0-60 time and post it here.

It'll be good to list any modifications done on the vehicle that would affect it's 0-60 performance.

So I guess I'll start off first, here's mine! :icon-rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxXPclCEFQc

Apologies for the shaky video, may do a better one in time.

Toyota Landcruiser Colorado 5 door 3.0 1KZT-E - 11.7 seconds - Slightly larger diameter wheels (32.3") and Increased fuelling on Injection Pump! :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
Is it possible to move the thread in the "lounge" section? Might be more suited than the 90's section

Thats pretty impressive Beau, just had a quick read up about 14 seconds in stock form.
Thats a lot of metal to get moving that quickly, I'm sure that quicker than my swb d-4-d!!!!!!!!!!
my d-4-d is best from 40-70 pulls really well in gear, not sure its as quick as yours through the box.

Thats pretty impressive Beau, just had a quick read up about 14 seconds in stock form.
Thats a lot of metal to get moving that quickly, I'm sure that quicker than my swb d-4-d!!!!!!!!!!
my d-4-d is best from 40-70 pulls really well in gear, not sure its as quick as yours through the box.

I think the D4D's are 11.1 or that could be the petrol engine, I'm not too sure...

Have you wound the turbo up at all beau?????

14.4 seconds for yours in standard trim acording to parkers and 11.7 for my d4d

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have you wound the turbo up at all beau?????

14.4 seconds for yours in standard trim according to parkers and 11.7 for my d4d

In theory yes the turbo has been wound up a little, how much I don't know? As described in another thread I placed a thick washer behind the waste gate actuator controlled so the waste gate spring would be stiffer and therefore it would boost higher before leaking. I did this with the replacement lower mileage engine I recently put in. The difference is hard to tell as my previous engine was down on power.

I was thinking about a tunit box for mine.
Not sure you can do any other mods to a d4d unless you know otherwise Beau??
It would be interesting to put your truck on a dyno just to see what power gains you've made.
I keep looking out for your truck around mk

I was thinking about a tunit box for mine.
Not sure you can do any other mods to a d4d unless you know otherwise Beau??
It would be interesting to put your truck on a dyno just to see what power gains you've made.
I keep looking out for your truck around mk

Yeah, I've never seen your truck around either, we must live on opposite ends?

And as far as I know the D4D is meant to be a more tuneable engine due to the fuel people measured at each cylinder. It's the same engine being used in the newest 150 series which is pushing close to or over 200bhp and I'm pretty certain it's the exact engine, just a different ECU and better efficiency out of it. I think the turbo's are variable vane so mechanically nothing can be done, but as I said due to the amount of electronics used it's easy tune it, how so I don't know... Remap would be the most cleverest. Ideally a box that works alongside the turbo and fuelling.

Forgot about your washer mod Beau i was thinking a manual boost controller was my next stage but seems to me the washer would make fitting a controller pointless ?

Greengrass if i had known then what i know now a 3" Prospeed (Cardiff) exhaust would have been my very first purchase :icon-wink:

Last edited:
I'm on the opposite end then, crownhill! I do go to Bletchley end often though for the local palmers, Asda and Tesco run!

Shayne, yeah fitting a boost controller is kinda pointless on these from what I have gathered and I've also tested one out myself. The only thing you can do is initially stop the waste gate from leaking but once pressure is built and the manual controller lets go the standard waste gate will then leak as well. Fitting a washer and making the spring stiffer generally lets the turbo boost slightly higher and sharper due to less pressure being leaked through the process.

Does anyone have a part number for the 90's 1KZ-TE turbo wastegate actuator ?

Shayne, I'd forgot you had that exhaust fitted.
Did it make a noticable difference??
Is it noisey compared with normal??
I do a reasonable amount of towing with Sluug so wouldn't want anything too noisey when its pulling hard.

The exhaust changed things DRAMATICALLY but it needed a K&N air filter and the fuel turning up to sort of balance things out . A sound is impossible to explain but i'd say my exhaust is slightly louder the standard but not in a way that would annoy anyone at all , it's just a very deep sounding rumble . As for towing there is no doubt in my mind these mods have added a few horses so that can only help . Just remembered i made a vid i will try to find it and add a link in a mo . There are a few shops calling themselves "prospeed" but Charlie at Prospeed in Cardiff is the guy who's reputation they are all trying to cash in on .

Click the pic to see vid , everything sounds kinda tinny on a laptop so i don't think even the vid gives a fair estimation of how it sounds and now with a few thousand miles done the exhaust has obviously coked up a bit mellowing things further .

http://www.landcruiserclub.net/foru...ack-Exhaust?highlight=turboback+exhaust"

Last edited:
Here is my Vid, my land cruiser is totally standard auto lwb with the larger wheels and tyres. my time is 13/14 seconds so just as the book says. not bad 174k miles later:icon-biggrin:
th_015.jpg

Had a quick look for the wastegate actuator today but i reckon it's hidden beneath the protection plates . From pics i've seen Beau the actuator appears to be a sealed unit , is it difficult to get the spring out ?

Here is my Vid, my land cruiser is totally standard auto lwb with the larger wheels and tyres. my time is 13/14 seconds so just as the book says. not bad 174k miles later:icon-biggrin:

Cool Joe i guess that means everything is working as well as it should :thumbup:

Cool Joe i guess that means everything is working as well as it should :thumbup:

I hope so, it does get serviced more than it should do and never uses any oil between services.

I might have to do a re run as ive polished it today :lol:

Back