Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pre-trip servicing.

wobbly

Garage
Had the timing belt, bearing and tensioner changed today.

The belt that came off had done 100,000km....looks brand new and unused - I actually checked with the garage theyd put the right one back on!

Tried to draw a small amount of atf off to check its not contaminated by antifreeze - put new in about 3 months ago and its still nice a clean - only buggerance is that I dropped the nut and ended up losing just under a litre!

Changed the oil, last did it in June, again, lovely and clean. New Boshi filter fitted.

As mine is a Prado it has an intercooler, the downpipe to the carb has lots of oil around it, so ive bought a new pipe and fitted it, together with new jubilee clips - its not a hard job, the intercooler has to come off - but the nut at the back is atad awkward - had to remove the air inlet pipe from the filter to the turbo(?), found that the flexible section by the filter is actually split almost in two, will replace it before we go next week. Good thing ive not been wading :icon-surprised:

Going to check the pads and put in the rear anti-squeal shims I bought as theres a bit of a screech.

And.....cleaned the interior for the first time in 3 years, looks lovely, and smells of lemon :happy-cheerleaders:

Back