Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

problems with my LC90

Blue

Garage
My LC90 is chip-tuned and she has an intercooler mounted and her exhaust system straight, without muffler..

She began to make problems with a start up. When I turn the key she doesn't want to start the engine. When she starts, she almost turns back off.. Sometimes even a smoke comes out of exhaust.
Today engine was running when I heard weird sound in the engine, after about 10 minutes I pressed gas a little bit, backfire came out of exhaust :think: The fuel consumption got higher too.

When I called the company who made the chip-tuning and all that, they've said it might be problems with the nozzle or with the spark plugs.

What do you guys think? Any experiences? Please help, beacouse I'm worried.. Thanks & best regards!

Very unusual for Diesel to backfire - can you describe the sound more? Was it a definite "pop" or a really loud "bang" or perhaps a different sort of noise?

What colour smoke do you get? White, blue or black?

If it's diesel, are you running it on good pump quality diesel, or on heating oil or veg oil/biofuel?

How old is your car and do the roads get salted at all? Trouble starting could be down to wax and/or clogged filters, or it could be air in the lines (corrosion on the tubes that come from the tank can cause this and it then take a lot of cranking before the engine will get enough fuel to start up)

EDIT: Seen your "hello" post and read some more about your car

Last edited:
It was like loud bang when i added gas. I also think diesel shouldnt backfire, thats only a plus in my worries :(
I take a very good care about the diesel she gets, I go only to the best petrol stations. Never put heating oil or any other in car. She is year 1999.

Back