Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Quadcopter

:lol: :clap:

You been approached by Mi5 yet for some "special" ops?

How about swarming copters then?
[youtube:nghtdjlx]4ErEBkj_3PY[/youtube:nghtdjlx]

Watched that last night. So very clever those guys. Music at the end is cool.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Wish I had that kind of control.... infact any control would be good. Getting a bit expensive now :(

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wow.
I need one. Will sell quad, helicopter and plane to find it...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yesterday I bought a Hexcopter, being delivered tomorrow. Got it second hand, it comes with the fpv(first person view) system and the GPS return home business. Been looking at them a while and this came up on eBay. Can't wait to try it out. Hoping to try and make some cash by offering aerial images to our local estate agents. As long as I don't get over excited when it arrives and crash it i shall post some footage. Going to use a goPro while training then move up to the smallest full frame camera I can find. Think Sony do an RX-1 full frame jobbie.

Can't wait.
Jonnie

erm, have you flow them before Jonnie.... if not then get some spare props, and motors, and arms :lol:

pics / make / model? :)

As Tony said, might as well buy some new props tonight, you will need them :|
Easy to fly once you get the hang of it but until then... :(

Yes this is my concern, I can just about fly a collective pitch helicopter, I used to have a trex 600... it scared the shit out of me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300865869690?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

the link to my purchase.

Expensive but if I added it all up and the hours spent soldering it all together I am happy.

The failure issues worry me, I usually just fly kyosho minium models and I am pretty care free.. this is expensive and even more when I add a camera. So... why are they so hard to fly. I think I better join a forum and start reading up.

Jonnie

if you can fly a heli then this would be easier. I have a 900 heli and like you, scares the hell out of me. The new one will be much easier to fly as the electronics takes the hard work out of it. The main reason I crashed was getting cocky ;)

That is actually a very good price for the kit you getting. The FPV starts at around £550 anyway depnding on the kit you get. The hexa and radio will not leave you with much change from a grand. Add the gimbal etc and it gets worse.

Not a bad deal at all really :)

Have a look at DIYDrones.com .Slightly biased towards the 3DR stuff but all the same.

nice one Jonnie, bit of a hard landing but good all the same :icon-cool:

Very cool. Nicer scenery than round my way :(

Happy with it?

Cool - sound too - hope is doesn't make to big a bang when (if) it dings into a roof :lol:

Looks like good fun - I'll stick to my kite though!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes very happy with it, I think the camer enhances the landing, it was just a mild bounce as I throttled up again at the last minute. Anyway it was my first flight, I was slightly hung over and sh1tting it as its very expensive. Waiting for the weather to calm a little then I want to recreate a few ariel shots that I have had done in the past by planes. I want to see how well the gopro takes stills before I fork out on a medium sized camera.

AWESOME

Whoops :|

20130414_145629.jpg

Got cocky, too much wind, not enough juice in the battery.

Back