Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear Fog not working.

Richard Turner

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
I checked my lights before the MOT today and the rear fogs don't work, the light comes on on the dash, and the bulbs seem Ok, but the fuse slot doesn't have any pins in... is there another fuse for the rear fog?

20180105_133654.jpg
20180105_133648.jpg
20180105_133640.jpg

Well that's a good one. OK I don't know your 80 but are you sure it's not an import but with a replacement UK lower tailgate? I can't think why it would have rear lights but no fuse .... But it has a switch. Errm..

It no maka no sense.

Hell, try them ALL!

I checked my lights before the MOT today and the rear fogs don't work, the light comes on on the dash, and the bulbs seem Ok, but the fuse slot doesn't have any pins in... is there another fuse for the rear fog?

View attachment 138912 View attachment 138913 View attachment 138914
Have they ever worked ?
the other thing have you got a towbar/wiring, if so you might have a fog cut
out switch built into the 7 pin socket and these are prone to failing.
The best way is to fit a electronic switch

:tearsofjoy: I have tried them all in that fuse box any way! I will check down on the plugs below the jack and see if there is any power down there. It would be nice to find the fuse though!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good shout Steve, I have the tow bar electrics removed from the plug and coiled up at the moment as I haven't cut the sockets into the rear bumper yet. I think you may be onto something!

Never thought of the towbar cut out switch. Damn good call that man. Not all plugs have that and not everyone wires it in.

20180105_164113.jpg

20180105_164131.jpg

Good shout Steve, I would never have found that otherwise, luckily on my truck it is wired with an intercepting loom so disconnecting that and connecting back as normal was the key!

Pulled the ECU - B fuse and it is the one for the rear fog??? But if it is pulled you have no fog light on the dash either...

Thanks all for your help!

Yay, now all you need is some fog and you're good to go

Have some of ours, its like pea soup up here...

Its clear down here and I think there will be a good freeze tonight! Im sure there will still be people on the motorway with their foglights on though.

View attachment 138917
View attachment 138918

Good shout Steve, I would never have found that otherwise, luckily on my truck it is wired with an intercepting loom so disconnecting that and connecting back as normal was the key!

Pulled the ECU - B fuse and it is the one for the rear fog??? But if it is pulled you have no fog light on the dash either...

Thanks all for your help!

Where does that intercepting loom live, because ive got the same no foglight problem.

In mine it is below the jack in the passenger rear cupboard in the boot.

Do you have the fog light symbol on the dash when the fog light is switched on?

Do you have the fog light symbol on the dash when the fog light is switched on?

Yeah that comes on, the relay in the drivers footwell seems to make a noise when the switch is clicked. No power to the rear fogs .
I’m probably going to just run a wire from the switch to a new relay and power one of the fog lights off that just to get the MOT and sort it later.

Back