Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Recommend me a reverse/backup camera pleas

occamsrazor

Hi,

I recently installed a new stereo (Pioneer AVH-2450BT) to my 100-series Landcruiser. I also bought a cheap reverse camera - this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088LXTTM/

I ran all the wiring but when it came to testing the camera it seems the one I received was a dud and doesn't work. So could anyone please recommend me a good but reasonably-priced reverse camera suitable for a Landcruiser? Something similar to the one I bought and available in the UK. It doesn't have to be the world's best image quality but I want it to:

1. Have adjustable angle
2. I already ran the wiring to just above the rear license plate, so one suitable for mounting there.

Thanks in advance....

recommend me to a camera

Dear reverse camera,

I would like to recommend occamsrazor. I can confirm that he is a pillar of the local community and will be an invaluable and trustworthy person to add to your growing network of contacts.

Hope you two can make contact.

:icon-biggrin:

Lazz, you crack me up. :laughing-rolling:

Dear reverse camera,

I would like to recommend occamsrazor. I can confirm that he is a pillar of the local community and will be an invaluable and trustworthy person to add to your growing network of contacts.

Dear reverse camera,

Dear Olazz,

Thanks for your kind assistance. I am indeed a pillar of the community and there is no doubt my LC100 would be a most fruitful partner to the life of any reverse camera. However I need you to provide me with the contact and personal characteristics of the reverse camera you have so smoothly introduced me to otherwise the relationship will, I fear, remain forever and unusefully distant...

:)

Occamsrazor, taken in good spirit.... I like you already!!

I have a Garmin Dezl 760 and have one of these cameras hooked up to it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171007740921?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

So far have had no problems with it.

Cheap enough to bin if it breaks so I bough 2 and carry one spare.

Truck will be all over SA and Namibia in a few weeks, so will be able to report back how robust it actually is.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Howzit Ryan,

Will call you tomorrow to chat.

i am using the one , it is easy to install and works great
you can take a look and make a comparison :happyshoppinglife

just as i can not insert a link

Appears to be a spammer. Admin, can we block please.....

While i am positively adverse to anything to do with technology i have to admit i do like them rear view mirrors with a cam screen built in . I think maybe its because instead of it being a big flash gimmicky object for all to see , it is instead subtle and useful . I think you can buy them to replace any car mirror pretty much like reverse sensors can be fitted to any vehicle . Just an idea worth looking into maybe ?

Last edited:
That's what i seen or something similar Chas , personally i don't think i'd bother because i hate loose wires on show and i imagine it will take all sorts of messing to hide them . Besides i had reverse sensors in my truck , i put a switch in the speaker line so i could switch them off . I have never switched them on again . A reverse cam would be good while trying to park in the high street though .

Appears to be a spammer. Admin, can we block please.....

thanks Lorin et al all who clicked the report button.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to report back... in the end I bought another of the same model. Turns out the first one was just "dead" somehow. This way I didn't have to drill new holes, I have it mounted just above the rear plate. Camera is now working fine - have nothing to compare to so can't comment on quality vs other models, but it works...

28l52dx.jpg

29lem2b.jpg

Back