Richard Hammond reveals the new Land Rover Defender

Higgy

Supporter
I am in denmark
Mar 6, 2018
sandwich kent
I think he said a 4 and 6 cyl Petrol wjth some Hybrid nonsense thrown in and a Diesel, But didnt say which Lump...

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

SteveJB

Supporter
I am in uk
Dec 23, 2016
Seen the back of me trailer at 7 min 15 secs got fed up at 13 mins

Howmanygoes

I am in england
Jan 14, 2019
So I’ve read a few things about this so far. My 10p worth.

1)If it wasn’t called a defender, most I think would say it’s just another SUV, Evoque Discovery sport Esk.
2) yes it’s far too techy.
3) Iam not a fan of the styling
4) JLR are there to make money and unfortunately we are in a throw away society.
5) don’t like the back end, looks like a 5year old PlayStation nerd designed it

Lastly

6)it’s fat, and reminds me of an ex.... sorry if you are eating.
C06A1DA0-96B3-44DA-A994-92DB19BDFD32.jpeg

Higgy

Supporter
I am in denmark
Mar 6, 2018
sandwich kent
Quite interesting guy talking about his experience of the defender. Even got the overland show footage with cruisers lol

He made a couple of interesting points (But only Political ones)... He could never convince me to by a Defender. Old or New...Especially New

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
I am in england
May 26, 2014
near, leek staffs.

Shayne

Guru
Feb 2, 2013
South Wales UK
Changing times , whoever owns lamedrover now don't want it to happen but if he keeps to the principal of where it all began who knows how it will evolve huh

Dave_S

Aug 8, 2012
Hmmm. Santana made a decent fist of this for a while, before the money boys got involved. And of course there are the Perentie Landies. Maybe come to something interesting...

AdventureWagon

Supporter
I am in australia
May 13, 2019
Enoggera, Queensland, Australia
Saw a review of this on youtube the other day, nice looking in terms of the rear, but they didn't mention a manual trans option.

I realise that modern safety requirements limit car makers to some point, but really looks nothing like the old Defender which just has that classic LR look much more.

Now I feel dirty for not talking LC!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks