Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

I thought theyd pushed on from Germany and were approaching Romania, but looks like you've leapfrogged them?

WP_20150817_18_08_50_Pro.jpgI am having trouble with uploading pics have put a couple on facebook wobbly might grab them and put them here for me but got this one of a few Landrovers NO LC in sight

Am at the next campsite and its small but nice

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I like the encampment of landies, all circled to keep out strangers :)

That pop up must be 8ft tall ?

Just had a message from Chas, he, Shayne and RAM have just arrived at their overnight campsite in Vienna.

Sounding a bit grumpy, reading between the lines, nothing but rain since they left the UK.

My news isn't good either, the 6 week heatwave has broken here, it's not going to be good till next Monday... :angry-screaming:

IMG_4958.PNG

... and what's happened to all my pics in post #913 on page 46 then?

CRISPIN stop drinking birthday cocktails.... please help!!

Ok pop into the supermarket JUMBO and got a few bits

Only a little bit of rain
uploading pics is hard work on this thread because my phone times out because in the last few days someone has loaded a lot of pics and I cant block them

But will try
If u came with u will see for yourself the countries we have travel in are very beautiful

We are on a site in Vienna, not the on RR was in but close. It is precipitating down as it has been since we left the UK but we made good progress today despite the bloody rain, I don't know what it is about German motorways but the spray is dreadful like driving in fog we managed 394 miles from 10.30 this morning til 8.30 this evening the saving grace has been good company with Shayne,Helen and Ram. We are having a beer at the moment in Shayne trailer mansion.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Aye the buggers are on my sofa getting pissed again , i will get to sit on it myself one of these days !

Star cruiser is uploading a lot just wish I could see them hope they are better than ones I have of all the rain
Hungary boarder pic nextWP_20150817_09_32_30_Pro.jpg

That's better I have stop the pic being download to the phone and now the page is loading ok

Sorry RR, was filling in time before the Rumania posts as the natives were getting restless so to speak.

I recognise that rain, it's been doing that here since 11 pm last night.

Was going tobogganing today but went the wrong way on the bus. Lynn asked the driver who nodded, I think it was just to get us on the bus as he then drove like a maniac to try and make up time in the heavy traffic. Cursing as he went accelerating and braking hard for ten yard sprints. The old lady next to us was giving him what for in German. Wish I knew what was being said back and forth. Got to his destination and refused any more passengers!! Think it was the rain holding up traffic but don't know really.

Romanian temps look better than here Clive. 18c today max.
Segway tomorrow [emoji3]

By way of update, both Lynn and I had knackered con rods. Lynn's are better now. Mine are still knackered!! [emoji6]

Last edited:
The problem I had was everytime I went on the page it try to download all the pic you have of the trip so far but the phone kept timing out before half way down, Also I was using a lot of my data allowance
More pictures of the trip in the rain the better

Right back to real world
Raining a bit this morning and another good night sleep

The problem I had was everytime I went on the page it try to download all the pic you have of the trip so far but the phone kept timing out before half way down, Also I was using a lot of my data allowance
More pictures of the trip in the rain the better

Right back to real world
Raining a bit this morning and another good night sleep

Good effort RR on the photos. You can catch up with posts when you get to our place and the haven of a Wi-Fi connection :lol:

Where did you camp this side of the Romanian border?

I guess you'll be arriving late afternoon/early evening. We won't be there till maybe 8:00pm, but there are some Romanian friends of ours (Marius and Corina) at the house and the young lady (Corina) speaks and understands English (if you speak slowly and clearly). They know you're likely to arrive before us, so you won't come as a shock to them!

Just get yourself through the gate and park up and use whatever you want in the house (shower/ cup of tea etc).

We'll organise the best place to set up your trailer when we get there, otherwise pick your spot!

Please drive safely, the final stretch of the DN1 from Sinaia to Comarnic is a bit dangerous as there's a vertical drop-off on the right and most of the crash barriers are down! It very serpentine with steep downhill sections, so don't cook your brakes.

When you get to Comarnic, drive straight through the village on the main road, till you get to Vultarul (a derelict looking factory complex on the left) which is after a right hand bend with a 2m high brick wall on the left of the road..

There's a small cross roads there and you need to turn left to go up our hill. Another landmark at Vultarul is a red "Mega Image" supermarket sign on the right at the crossroads. If you go too far on the main road, you'll go over a zebra crossing and see a ROMPEROL fuel station on the right, but that's just past the crossroads that you need to turn left at.

Ring me anytime if you're having difficulties.

Back