Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Roofbar removal

wobbly

Garage
Can anyone enlighten me as to how to remove the OE roofabrs on my lwb Prado?

I need to take them off so the roofrack will fit, but cant see how they dismantle from the outside, and dont want to be touching the interior headlining.

Pete

More than likely there will be nuts to undo on underside of roof

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are the bottom 'feet ' of the bars not in two sections. Never touched mine, but I always thought it looked like they prised apart. I'd imagine it's just a nut and bolt on each foot then

Ive had another look at them, it does look like they can be prised apart, the outer side looks like it comes off. The horizontal bars are held on with phillips screws, but its the feet that are the issue, I dont want to break them by trying to pull them apart.

Pete

One of the feet "covers" has come off on mine - I'll take a pic for you tomorrow. There are screws on the feet securing them to the roof, so should be easy to remove. Though you will probably have to fill the holes to make it water-tight again.

Sorry for the delay Pete but as promised here are the pics.....

IMAG0093_zps12c02f59.jpg

IMAG0092_zpsfd06694b.jpg

4385a3d2-3139-4a7e-9474-bfda6b8523d4_zps8b978e86.jpg

Hope that helps.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well I was going to put some of these on mine,but by the looks of it that won't be happening as that will be a lot of holes.

Well, Sag, I was going to say you could get a solid full-length expedition rack for £359.00 from Direct 4x4, but their response has puzzled me a little.

I asked if the rack legs were tall enough to clear the roofbars, but they tell me that this rack wont fit on my Prado unless I bolt it to the existing roofbars - which is a bit odd as they advertise it for the 96-02 Colorado, with gutter mounts......

Chadr - whats that thing sticking up with the rings round it?

Thanks for the photos, very helpful.

Pete

Is it one of them where if you have roof bars use this bit to attach it directly to rails,if not use the other.

I have just taken some off a Pajero and they look very similar. Bolts go through the roof but the nuts inside are not captive (There is a blob of silicone on them in the Paj) not saying it it the same with the Prado but reckon it will be.

Back