Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Roofracks

Nice find B-)

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

my patriot has stainless bolts into aluminium. yes they dont come out but the bolts are pretty soft are easy to drill out. they are very strong racks and arent to bad with the fuel either. i have taken the top bar off dont hear it and i think i dropped 1 mpg. its a bit high but has the extra ladder that slides out. if i decide to keep it i will lower the mounts and get rid of the ladder.
stu

Done a bit more looking into this today
The Patriot looks a very good bit of kit but reading on some other forums it appears that they use steel setscrews into ally threads and you can not get them apart without a lot of drilling, and I so hate drilling studs out
I then found another brand made not far from me http://www.stormroofracks.co.uk/Design-Features.php anyone seen one
David

Important Notice

Due to the rapid growth of our other business interests, i.e. F leet Vehicle CCTV and International Anti-Piracy Shipping CCTV projects, we reluctantly have to suspend further production of the Storm Roof Rack. This decision is not taken lightly and we apologise to those of you who would consider ordering the finest roof rack on the market. We now have to put all our efforts and resources into the new project areas until such time we decide our next moves. We have left the associated pages open and thank you for looking. If you wish to email us please feel free, on [email protected]

On the homepage of the Storm roof rack!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dam that I thought I would have a drive over there next week as only 15 miles from me. TBH I can't see the point in leaving the website running if they do not make them anymore

The plot thickens I have been over to TBR this morning to look at some racks, were a bit short of stock tbh
Looked at the Rhino platform very good but maybe a little to wide as I want it kept inside the car profile
They also now sell Upracks liked them a lot and would fit inside the profile of the car but have a higher price
Prices
Rhino 753 including front rail but none available till beginning of Feb
Uprack 800 with no front rail, there are getting me a price on that also the Uprack would be here next week
To many decision by far
David

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Interesting, manufacturer of Storm roof rack states they have suspended production of "the finest roof rack on the market". If this is the case, why stop?
Maybe a case of not the finest / vastly overrated / over priced, like a lot of products.

John

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I agree with Jon.

I (arguably) made the "mistake" of getting an ARB "basket" rack (I don't know of the proper description) which is great for baggage and I use it a lot.

Now I'm seriously considering a RTT and I don't know if one will fit or be functional in the "basket".

Liking Chas' Airtop, a lot!! :icon-biggrin:

I can't vouch for the quality but in terms of design I like this one. Basket concept but with flat section for RTT. I like the look. Half and half.

Screen Shot 2014-01-06 at 17.42.50.jpg

I can't vouch for the quality but in terms of design I like this one. Basket concept but with flat section for RTT. I like the look. Half and half.
Those keep coming up on my ebay home page but aren't the half and half ones like that very expensive whereas the 'normal' ones are reasonable? A roof rack must be one of the few things I haven't bought (and subsequently sold!) yet :think:

Jon, they always post £999.999 when anything is out of stock if that's what you are wondering. Original listing was around the £300 and something.

I called 4x4 direct and that rack is out of stock and they don't know when or if it will be back in stock, next problem it weighs 75kg

I called 4x4 direct and that rack is out of stock and they don't know when or if it will be back in stock, next problem it weighs 75kg
Don't think I'd want that much weight in a rack before you even start putting stuff on it!

Nor me, looks like this roof rack will not be to cheap lol

In relation to the Storm roofrack, they are looking for investment to get the manufacturing up and running, looks like cashflow is the issue.

View attachment 10735

I got one of these back in march last year for about £380 I think, and yes it is very heavy. It is very well built though having survived me dropping off my roof onto concrete whist trying to fit it on my own (made a bit of a mess of the lc too on the way down :doh:). This French company also do the same one by the looks of it http://www.accessoires4x4.ch/

I have one of the basket jobs from these folk too - VERY heavy and well built. Mine stays on all the time....
Steve
I got one of these back in march last year for about £380 I think, and yes it is very heavy. It is very well built though having survived me dropping off my roof onto concrete whist trying to fit it on my own (made a bit of a mess of the lc too on the way down :doh:). This French company also do the same one by the looks of it http://www.accessoires4x4.ch/

That rack is not available at the moment and weighs 75kg,then that leaves 25kg for your load, if you want to keep within manufacturer weight limits
Not that I do with my Defender if it fits it goes on lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Back