Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Run out to Whitby.

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
I had to go to Whitby today. I thought it would be a good idea to give my latest acquisition, a 91 manual a good run out and shakedown to see if any faults manifested themselves. A run of 214 miles resulted in 9.7 gallons of DERV being consumed resulting in 22MPG. This was the result of fast motorway,dual carriageway and as fast as practical Pickering to Whitby moorland road so I didn't think 22 was too bad. The injection pump needs the tweaks to give it a bit more low down grunt though.
Anyway nothing fell off,made any unusual noises or didn't work so that was ok.
DSCF0237.jpg

DSCF0240.jpg
DSCF0241.jpg

Called in at Goathland, where Heatbeat was filmed, saw a steam train setting off, which isn't something you see everyday (unless you live in Goathland !!)

Andy :thumbup:

Thats one hell of a snorkel you have there :) ;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes, that looks to be in very good shape for a 20+ year car! :cool:

Yes it really is tidy inside outside and underneath, the previous owner was a bit of a fanatic, every hinge or anything which moved was oiled to within an inch of its life,everything underneath greased the same. The oil apparently was changed every fortnight whether it needed it or not and the oil on the dipstick looks like it came straight out of a new can. The engine has absolutely no blowby when it is hot and the gearbox is the best I have ever driven. In fairness though it isn't perfect as I think it needs an off side CV joint, that is something I will investigate this week.

Andy :thumbup:

Nice truck . . .

But . .

I Love that '9F' (2-10-0, 92214 "Cock of The North").

http://www.docbrown.info/docspics/nymr/loco92214.htm

There used to be one on the Minehead line, but it used so much coal the Volunteers couldn't afford to steam it very often :roll: .

I believe they have a conveyor system to take coal from the tender to the firebox - a human fireman can't keep up :lol: .

Great to see it in steam :thumbup:

Bob.

Back